Tuscon in General
Tuscon in General Tucson Reviews
Dec 30, 2007
If I had any travel advice for the Southwest, U.S. it would be to visit Tuscon. Most people would never think about going here, but there are some amazing things to see and do. So I will provide my recommended list:
1. Kartchner's Cavern's - rank in the top ten in the world - only two caverns in U.S. make that list, and only this one can you enter. Amazing.
2. Kitt Peak National Observatory - they offer a night observation program where you actually get to look through a telescope at other galaxies, etc.
3. Tombstone / Bisbee - two very historic Old West towns to the southeast of Tuscon - an must visit for any Old West fan. You can take the Bisbee mine tour as well.
4. Biosphere 2 - completely enclosed bispere environment replicating areas on earth.
5. Saguaro national Monument - Great place to hike or bike among the Saguaro Cacti - they are what you think of when you think of cacti -like in the cartoons. They have two locations by the way.
6. Old Tuscon - Movie location for many Old West style movies.
7. Titan 2 Missle Silo - if you ever wondered what a nuclear missle silo looks like - take the tour.
8. Arizona-Sonora Desert museum - Very nice museum highlighting desert plants and animals.
9. Colossal cave - another cave that is a little lighter than the caverns mentioned above. Still nice.
10. Pima Air Museum - good collection of vintage airplanes.
11. Mission San Xavier Del Bac - building dating back to 1770's.
12. Canyon Ranch - if you have lots of money and just want to relax - this spa is for you.
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!