Reguliersbreestraat 26-34, Amsterdam, Netherlands
www.pathe.nl/tuschinski - 0900-1458 (35cpm)

Tuschinski Amsterdam Reviews

DanielOostdijk DanielOo…
Tuschinski Jun 23, 2008
Tuschinski is a movie theatre in the city centre of Amsterdam. The theatre was build by Abraham Icek Tuschinski and was opened in October 1921. The style of the building is very unique. It's sort of a mix-up of all different styles. People who never saw it before are very impressed most of the times. They don't expect a building like that to be located in this part of the city.

The main screen looks like an old opera venue. The interior contains normal seats, but also loges and so-called loveseats. A lot of premieres are held at Tuschinski, with a lot of (inter)national stars attending. This sometimes causes hysterical scenes in the street where it's located.

I love going to the movies at Tuschinski. It's by far my favourite theatre. It always gives me a special feeling when I walk around in the building. Sometimes I imagine myself walking around in the 1920's. The interior and decoration are beautiful. I really like the style. The main hall is the most beautiful. I watched movies like 300, Sweeney Todd and No Country for Old Men over there.

Due to a big renovation, the building has gotten much bigger. There are 3 more screens now. I prefer the old part, because the atmosphere they have over there. Negative thing about Tuschinski (and most movie theatres in The Netherlands, especially Amsterdam) are the prices. Tickets are €9/€10 depends on the screen and the length of the movie. Anyways, when you have Pathé Unlimited you can visit an unlimited amount of movies for €18,- a month!
The main screen.
The foyer.
Tuschinski from the outside.
DanielOostdijk says:
Thanks for your smile Carlos! ehhhh Pablo

fabricciocartone says:
Oh Sorry! I´m idiot!! Great job Daniel!!
fabricciocartone says: