Tuscany in a day from Florence, Italy

Florence, Italy

Tuscany in a day from Florence, Italy Reviews

greg71 greg71
Tour Tuscany in a day from Florence, Italy Jul 06, 2014
When I first went to Florence, I was only there for 2 nights so I wanted to make the most of my time.

My hotel had a number of brochures from tour operators which I soon realised offered the same tours but some were a little more expensive than the others. I booked a day tour that the hotel staff recommended to me which covered the most popular sights in Tuscany.

The tour left Florence at 7am. We first headed to Pisa to see the leaning tower. Our guide provided us with a lot of history on the drive to Pisa. The scenery is just wonderful on the drive through the Tuscan countryside.

After Pisa, the tour took us to gothic Siena, famous for its medieval streets. Then we had a guided tour of through the city and cathedral.

Our lunch was at a Chianti vineyard with superb views of the olive groves and surrounding countryside. Just amazing to relax and take time getting to know the fellow travellers on the tour.

After lunch we visited San Gimignano and took a nice walk through the cobbled streets and small squares, bought some gelato and walked between San Gimignano's famous 14 towers.

Highly recommend doing a day tour to Tuscany.
greg71 says:
Yes, the wine tasting was enjoyable :)
Posted on: Jul 06, 2014
mirabella581 says:
Did u enjoy the wine tasting tour at Chianti ?:)
Posted on: Jul 06, 2014