Tuscana Lounge

www.tuscanalounge.com - (202) 842-2263

Tuscana Lounge Washington Reviews

HuBison HuBison
I finally made it-great club! Oct 23, 2011
Tuscana is a restaurant by day and a club by night that consistently pulls in a huge crowd. The music is great and if you're on the guetlist, it's free between 11-midnight, but parking is hard downtown (unless you want to valet)...you might want to get there a bit early as they are sometimes a little slow letting people in.

The lounge has several different areas, a main dancefloor and several small private areas. The bartenders are pretty quick and the drinks are good. You can go to the website and get put on the guestlist. The main dancefloor gets nice and crowded once the doors open up and the DJ gets into a good groove. The night I was there, I can say the DJ played a really wide selection of hip-hop, R&B, some rap, ole skool, and reggae.

The crowd is mostly upscale and post-work in attire and age, but there are some young 20s in there wearing jeans, plaid shirts, and sneakers. Most of the men are well dressed and even in the dead of winter, women are walking around in skimpy dresses, no stockings and 4 inch heels. I wore skinny jeans, a cute top and comfortable 3" knee-high boots.

The bathroom is a little small-only 3 stalls and one was broken and on the entire vanity, there's only 1 sink. Otherwise, whether you're visiting or live locally, although it took me a while to get there, if you haven't been, this place is worth checking out on a Saturday night. I don't know what the crowd is like on a Friday or on other nights, but I have only heard good things about this place.

October 2011 update: I went here again and had a great time AGAIN. Great music, good crowd, and good drinks (they actually put liquor in my Coke). Once I got on the dance floor, I never really left)-maybe it was cause Biz Markie was DJ'ing on the 1s and 1s!

Check Washington Hotel Deals