Turner Field

Turner Field - Turner Field

Turner Field Atlanta Reviews

WalterC WalterC
Nice place for baseball Jul 01, 2011
Originally built as an Olympic Stadium for the 1996 Summer Games, it was converted to a baseball-only stadium once the Games ended. And the Braves moved into Turner Field, at the start of the 1997 baseball season. The only thing remaining from their previous stadium, Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium, is the outfield wall, which is now on a parking lot for Turner Field.

You can catch the Braves shuttle bus, right outside of Underground Atlanta, which is free, and takes you to the ballpark.

The site of multiple division titles in the 90’s and early 2000’s, the Braves have quite a history at this place. There is a museum inside the ballpark, the Braves Hall of Fame. A separate review about that, can be read here.

Other features include the sculptures of retired numbers, plaques of famous Braves, statues of a few players, among others.

One major drawback, is that the box office closes after the 7th inning (I’m guessing), which can be a problem if you want to watch the entire game and not pay that fee for buying tickets online. And trying to buy before the start of the game can be difficult, since the line can be long.

Sitting at the upper deck in the shade is a must in the summer, which is on the left field or 3rd base side. Plus you get a good view of downtown from there.

It is a nice place to watch a ballgame, and not pricey at all. And if you go to a Friday night game, you may get to see some fireworks.
Turner Field
scoreboard
reminding you where you are
view of Atlanta from ballpark

Related Travel Blogs About Turner Field

Day 1 - Atlanta, Georgia
 My brother-n-law Charlie, my nephew Matt, my friends Angela, Theresa, and Brian, and myself  left this morning at 6:30am.........we took I-75 north.  We stopped at Cracker Barrel at H…Turner Field for some Atlanta Braves baseball.  It's a hot one here at Turner Field.....heat that is!!   It's my Nephew…
Citi Field
It is no secret that we love to visit baseball stadiums.  I had only been to one stadium in the last two years and it was a repeat.  A quick glance at the 2011 baseball schedule reminded me…Park in Pittsburgh Miller Park in Milwaukee Wrigley Field in Chicago Busch Stadium in St Louis Turner Field in Atlanta   …

Check Atlanta Hotel Deals