Turkish Cuisine

5605 North Clark Street, Chicago, IL, USA
www.turkishcuisine.net - (773) 878-8930
Turkish Cuisine - Can't wait to eat!
Turkish Cuisine - Chicken kebab: Tavuk Adana
Turkish Cuisine - Lamb kofte on our second visit :D
Turkish Cuisine - Baby lamb chops
Turkish Cuisine - Appetizers
Turkish Cuisine - Inside the restaurant.

Turkish Cuisine Chicago Reviews

simsing simsing
Wonderful Turkish restaurant for kebabs Jul 13, 2011
This is the first time I went to a Turkish restaurant. I chose this restaurant after reading some good reviews in the web. Also their website had pictures of the dishes which looked very delicious!

My friends and I went there for dinner in a weekday. The restaurant has two sitting areas and we were greeted by a lady. In the beginning they served us some breads which was very good. I didn't like their olive oil though. We ordered three dishes:

1. Cevizli Patlican:

Fried eggplant stuffed with special walnut, pomegranate paste.

2. Yogurtlu Sis Kebap:

lamb Shish Kebab with yogurt.

3. Tavuk Adana:

Char-grilled hand-chopped chicken cubes of chicken breast marinated with our Chef's special seasoning.

All three dishes were very yummy. The eggplant dish came with 4 small stuffed rolls and the chicken adana kebab had two big kebabs served with rice, little salad and yogurt sauce. The lamb sis kebab was served with croutons dipped in creamy yogurt. Somehow we didn't like those moist breads. The lamb was extremely tasty though. If you are not a yogurt person like us you can order some other lamb kebabs which don't belong to the Yogurt kebab section in their menu. Overall 'Turkish Cuisine' is a very nice restaurant and I would like to go back there again to explore other dishes. I liked the chicken kebab dish the best. If anybody has any suggestion on the menu please let me know. It will be helpful for my next visit.

You can use public transportation to go there. From downtown Chicago, CTA bus #22 stops right in front of the restaurant. Also red line stop Bryn Mawr is four blocks away from this place. While walking I saw few parking spots available too.
Can't wait to eat!
Inside the restaurant.
Appetizers
Lamb kofte on our second visit :D
simsing says:
Thanks everybody for your smiles and comments!
I forgot to write that you can buy restaurant.com coupons to get discounts here. In my second visit I got a $25 off coupon for a $50 purchase (excluding tax and tips) which allowed us to order more dishes :D
OhSoApropos says:
Looks delicious! (my bagel suddenly lost its appeal) :) Have a great day...
aswold says:
Turkish food is delicious!

Check Chicago Hotel Deals