Turin, Italy

Turin Reviews

robinson_49 robinson…
A week in Turin Sep 20, 2014
Only now, looking for some files on my pc, I felt inspired to write some lines for TB about my trip to Torino in 2013 summertime.

You may find many specific websites dealing with attractions the town offers, my report will not be thorough as I would only point out my personal emotions and arouse your curiosity to visit Torino.

I spent there one full week and it was a very pleasant experience: I discovered that the town is not only an industrial centre as many factories revolve around it, but it is a rich tourist centre as well. The town can show remains of Roman empire and each century since left proper marks till nowadays. Each traveller will catch those aspects which are closer to one’s knowledge and personality, but everybody can appreciate tidiness and elegance of the town.

Torino was a temporary capital and it enriched the town with wonderful buildings, monuments and art collections.

One can appreciate buildings ranging from Roman times till nowadays, castles, royal mansions, modern architecture, the Egyptian Museum, several art and painting collections.

Then, after you visited the attractions you can relax sipping a coffee or tasting an ice cream in some of the famous “caffè” shops spread in the centre.

Art exhibitions are arranged very often throughout the year. Good restaurants will reward you properly at the end of a day spent visiting town.

I am attaching a little selection of almost 400 picture I took there. Safe travel, Robinson.
university yard