Tuping Lodge

Puerto Galera, Philippines
Tuping Lodge - This is the 'reception'
Tuping Lodge - This is the 'reception'
Tuping Lodge - This is where to ask
Tuping Lodge - Great bathroom with hot shower

Check Puerto Galera Hotel Deals

Tuping Lodge Puerto Galera Reviews

andrejav andrejav
Cheap and good place in Sabang Feb 04, 2013
I arrived to Sabang beach right on time for sunset, but instead of enjoying the bright red skies, I had to find the sleeping accommodations. As soon as I got out of the Jeepney, older women tried to sell me her expertise in hotels and things to do in the city. Some times that is good and cheap way to get some insight, but this time I knew approximately where to go and I was going there anyway… On the way to the hotel that I choose from the Lonely Planet book I was stopping in different places asking for the affordable places to sleep. Prices were steady around 1000p around the beach area until the end of the beach where you can get rooms a bit cheaper. Good idea is to ask in Dive shops on the beach because they usually have the cheapest accommodation. That is how I found the Tuping Lodge. I was talking to the girl working in the Sabang-Inn resort dive shop on the beach and she said that their neighbors have some rooms available for 600p, and that was a winner. They also have double rooms for 800p.

Most of the passages in the city are small and cars can use only couple of them. Jeepneys have very tough time of turning around and getting out of the city. Sabang gives feel of the old Mediterranean cities but with the modern touch. There is only one passage towards Tuping Lodge, going up the steep and dark stairs. Building is pretty new, colored yellow and red, and it looks like it is sitting on the top of other buildings in the area.

Room is a bit dark, with two small windows, but specious and clean. Setup is for long stay, with nice kitchen area, lots of storage area, TV, serious refrigerator and excellent bathroom. It also has and air-condition, but I am not into using this if it is not really warm or cold. Bed is big and firm, just as I like it so enjoyment was fulfilled. Tiled bar is surrounded by two massive bar stools that are not easy to move and probably miss their place in the bar where sturdiness is respected value. Bathroom has hot water, it is tiled with care and used to be very clean before I got inside hehehe TV has 30 or so programs, mostly in English with few movie channels and regular news and entertainment stuff. I liked the entrance door because it had a metal screen and one of the locks is dead bolt lock, securing the privacy and your valuables.

Till the end of my stay I did not figure out who is the owner, where to pay, who to ask about any changes, cleaning… Pretty much you are in your house doing whatever you want and in the end you really have to make effort to pay for it. There is no reception, no name of the hotel visible to anyone, no one comes to clean the room or to ask how long you are staying. Warmly recommended!
Kitchen and bar area
Great bathroom with hot shower
This is the "reception"