Tulip Inn

(21) 3545-5100

Tulip Inn Copacabana Reviews

Pryse08 Pryse08
Rio 2012 Dec 22, 2013
I booked this hotel for 8 days in March 2012. I arrived at night, took a long bus ride to the hotel and checked in. Checkin was pretty normal. I showed my ID, they swiped my card for incidentals and I was in my room in a few minutes. It was kinda late so I went out and had a few drinks, came back to the room and went to bed. The next morning I checked my accout and seen that the hotel had charged $360 to my card. When I checked in the guy at the front desk told me that he was only swiping my card for damages, mini bar....etc. He specifically said nothing was being charged to my card. When I talked to the front desk that morning I was told that it's hotel policy to hold $360 until checkout.

If my room was some type of luxury sweet with a Jacuzzi or something I may have just sucked it up. My room was standard shoe box. It is INSANE to hold that amount of money for a tiny room. After being pissed off for a couple hours I remebered that I was in Rio, it was beautiful outside and I would get the money back after I checked out. No more than 10 mins later i leave my room ready to start my day when i run into 2 guys that was on my flight to Rio and was also staying at the Tulip. When I mentioned the $360 hold....wouldn't you know they had no idea what I was talking about. There was no hold put on any card and they paid no hold charge in cash. I went right back into my room packed my clothes and checked out.

I checked into the Windsor Plaza for a few days and Hotel Ibiza for the remainder. Both are nice hotels. Ibiza's rooms were a little tight but still nice. The good people at Expedia (I use to book everything) made sure I found another hotel despite the fact that everything seemed to be booked.

My first couple days there was a little aggravating but I think I learned a good lesson
Rio 2012
Rio 2012
Taytay says:
Did you stay in any hostels while in Brazil ?
Posted on: Jun 05, 2015