Tuha Petroleum Hotel

Check Turpan Hotel Deals

Tuha Petroleum Hotel Turpan Reviews

seattlejon seattlej…
Good Facilities and Service don't Justify the Price Apr 04, 2009
Every hotel I found reviews for in Turpan had negative reviews. I couldn't find any reviews for the Tuha Petroleum hotel, but noticed it is the newest and most expensive (280RMB) in Turpan. I decided to splurge and hope for the best.

There were good things and bad things about this hotel. In the end, I think the good didn't make up for the bad enough to justify the price I paid (280RMB).

Good: The service was quite good. I had trouble connecting to the internet. They had a dedicated internet technician on staff who spoke some English and came to my room to fix the problem quickly.

The swimming pool and other recreation and exercise facilities were all top notch.

The room was clean and well equipped, other than some low quality furniture.

Bad: Air conditioning was unavailable in any of the rooms during my stay. I think it is a seasonal thing, but not sure. I was there in April and the temperature hit 33C.

The beds are standard for Chinese hotels (very very firm). With the heat and the hard bed, I got a better sleep on the train.

For me, these two things made me wish I'd taken my chances with a less expensive option and saved the money.

Check Turpan Hotel Deals