Tubing down the Salt River

Use site for directions, Salt River, AZ, USA

Tubing down the Salt River Reviews

scuba_me scuba_me
Jun 16, 2007
I acutally did this a few weeks ago, but have since found this site...

This was sooo much fun!!! Here's the deal, basically you just tube down the river. It's hot, but the water is nice and cool. My recommendation is to buy your own heavy duty tube or inflatable mini-boat, and travel w/ a few people in a couple of cars. You can rent a tube for $14 a tube, and wait for a bus in a line out in the sun w/ no shade, or park one car at the top of the river, and one at the bottom where you decide to get off at.

My first time I went w/ a friend, and we took a cooler, and bought a little float for the cooler itself. It did just fine, but looking back, I would have much rather have had one of those 2 people boats w/ paddles (you might need to steer a bit to keep from going into tree limbs when the water picks up a bit), so it could have been myself, and my friend, and the cooler between us. I'm thinking it would have been pleanty of room, and everything(backpack) would have stayed alot drier! Bring pleanty to drink (I had 9 beers myself ;)), take sunscreen, and have fun!!! There are also points along the river at which if you want to get out, have a little pic nic, you can do so w/o having to try and manage everything on the water. Check out the website for further info, but I HIGHLY recommend this if you are in or traveling to the Pheonix area!
kingelvis14 says:
Sounds like fun!
Posted on: Jan 08, 2008

Compare Scottsdale Hotel Rates (5.7km away)

Salt River Map