Tu Lan

(415) 626-0927

Tu Lan San Francisco Reviews

juliaiam juliaiam
Tu Lan May 19, 2009
Tu Lan has the best Vietnamese food in the city. Sure, the neighborhood isn't the best, but the food will have you hooked. I seriously have regular Tu Lan cravings. I'm hooked on their tofu rolls served in a bowl of rice noodles (and chives, sprouts, carrots, peanuts, cucmbers, salady-ness). The deep fried pork imperial rolls are normally served with rice noodles like this, and you can get half of the healthy tofu rolls and half of the heart attack imperial rolls if you ask. Their marinated fish smells delicious, but I haven't tried it yet. One of my former coworkers was hooked on their vegitarian stir-fry. Their "crispy" noddles are a little starnge, but the only thing that I haven't liked too much was their tomato something or other dish. It was too gooey. Famously, Julia Childs is on the front of Tu Lan's menu, cause she was hooked just like me. They also have great Vietnamese coffee, the kind you combine at your table, and they serve a few beers. There are fancier Vietnamese places that are good, but for authentic street cuisine, Tu Lan is the place to try.
taberd1983 says:
I've been there...quite good. Since you're visiting Prague, you should try Ha Noi; Slezsk√° 57...not the best, but it is sufficient if you have a craving.
Posted on: Aug 20, 2011