Trullo Sovrano

080 432 6030

Trullo Sovrano Alberobello Reviews

cotton_foam cotton_f…
tourist trap? Jul 03, 2017
Our visit to Trullo Sovrano although it is not a ripped off because the entrance fee is only eu1.50 per person, still I wish we shouldn't visited. Trullo Sovrano did not come up to my expectations. It is overly highlighted that this is only the trullo in town that has a habitable second floor, but the reality is, the upper part did look more an attic than subdivided real bedrooms. I would say, a “bella” place especially from the exterior, but internally, the presentations were not stimulating. It turns out to be boring and short. We paid for the dirty cheap eu1.50 yes, but still, we paid for a view that is like looking out a tiny window from an attic. In my honest opinion, Trullo Sovrano is almost like a tourist trap.

This house turned into a museum is ambiguously designed, decorated and furnished with house ornaments and antique furniture. In all honesty, there is nothing much to learn as far as their claim that this is a great place to acquire information and history of the Trullo. In fairness though, the exhibits are translated into multiple languages. There is a little garden in the backyard that has seats and shades. We took advantage to rest and hide from the midday sun.

Oh, just one thing. Personally, I was a little amazed of the inside staircase carved into the wall. Check the enclosed photo to understand what I mean. Do I recommend a visit to Trullo Sovrano? Well, it is up to the person. Perhaps, just don’t expect too much and hey, I have warned you, okay?!

It seemed like most of the monuments, structures, and the so-called museums in Alberobello are overly sugar-coated. That said, the only thing worthy of your time is visiting the Trulli. And if you are like me who is a huge fan of burb areas and would like to get a feel of what is like, then Alberobello is wonderful. However, as far as museums or cathedrals, Alberobello is not specializing on those. Anything advertised as art treasury is none but an advantage to sell out on something to visitors.
starship1 says:
Another recognition -- congrats on your featured review!
EvaJ27 says:
Congrats on"Today's Featured Travel Review"
Paulovic says:
Congrats on being featured today, May! Although it didn't come to your expectations.

Check Alberobello Hotel Deals