Truk Stop Hotel & Resturant

Check Chuuk Hotel Deals

Truk Stop Hotel & Resturant Chuuk Reviews

gr8guy gr8guy
Truk Stop Hotel - Micronesia Mar 03, 2010
When it comes to traveling, especially to overseas destinations, I most often opt to stay at locations that provided the greatest selection of amenities, services, a knowledgeable staff and of course, security. The Truk Stop Hotel & Restaurant run by Bill and Kiki Stinnett meet all those requirements and more.

As an independent filmmaker and published photographer, my budgets are often controlled by production budgets and this journey was no exception except I was footing the entire bill. Not a cheap trip to say the least but the value I received for each dollar went far and beyond my most highest expectations.

First and foremost is the quality of service and professionalism of the staff and management of the Truk Stop Hotel & Restaurant. Nothing more than expert attention to detail, a warm and family environment to welcome me every morning and a genuine desire to meet my every need with a high caliber of hospitality made my stay exceptional.

Next is the location. Although Weno (the island location of the hotel) is undergoing a new revitalization of its infrastructure and construction is evident throughout the island, the Truk Stop Hotel had a serene environment. Perched right up on the water with a private boat dock and convenient to the international airport and an expertly run dive shop on premises, I never needed to go far to meet all my travel needs. For my trips across the lagoons and waterways to visit the relatively close islands, I made a few local connections and I was soon off on a boat chartered for me by the friendly staff of the resort and the Chuuk Tourist Office.

Price. This is often a very big deal to me and one would think with only two real selections on the island that the cost would be double, however, Bill and Kiki instantly struck me with a very high degree of sincere morality and not wanting to charge more than a fair rate as apposed by other hotels in similar locations that would gouge the heck out of you! You will often here you get what you pay for but at the Truk Stop Hotel, I personally believe you get double. This hotel can fit any budget. Throw in free Wi-Fi, a wonderful restaurant, amazing view, a friendly bar, gift shop and more and you have all the ingredients for a wonderful stay.

All in all, if you are visiting Chuuk for a day, a week or a month, consider the Truk Stop Hotel and tell Bill that Guy sent you!
My buddy and guide, Mason
A sunset view from the Truk Stop D…
The Truk Stop Hotel dock at night
My new good friend Bill
coryz coryz
Feb 24, 2008
This is one of the handful of Hotels on Chuuk. Nice rooms and very friendly staff. They have everything onsite, a good menu, dive shop, and a little bar called the Hard Wreck. They also have one of the only shuttle services on the Island. So if you want to get around this is not too bad of a place to stay. It is right in town so everything is in walking distance. Our last night on the island they had a BBQ and local dancer for us. It was a great time and very good food.****only free Wi-Fi on the Island**** They also have computer access for 2.00$ a half hour.
wandafromtexas says:
looks like it improved since 2002! THANKS!
Posted on: Nov 20, 2013
Lucles says:
The Blue Lagoon Dive Resort also has free WiFi.
Posted on: Feb 05, 2010