409 W. 30th Street, Austin, TX, USA

Trudy's Austin Reviews

kotabug kotabug
Mexican Martinis! May 31, 2011
Located right of The University of Texas campus. Delicious food, even better Mexican Martinis. So high in alcohol, they can only serve two by Texas law. Go on your birthday and get your first one free! Great place for lunch and drinks.
512theresa 512there…
mexican martini, smoking section, good people watching, great food Jun 13, 2008
I'm passionate about my mexican martini's! Be careful...You are cutoff after your second. But you can get around the 2 limit mexi martini by ordering 1 martini, and then ALMOST as many as you like margarita (Rita, Marg) on the rocks, topshelf with Silver Patron and Grand Mar! I'm slowly being weened off a bad habit by the fact that they closed their south location, which happened to be 7 mins from my house! Not to mention the 1/2 pack of smokes! But I miss it so much! I do make it downtown every month or slow. It's too good to give up completely! I know I'm going on and on about the mexi marts...But they also have fantastic food. Great fried chicken salad with Chipolte Ranch dressing! Great flaquities, queso, mexican eggrolls (veggie ones are super spicy!) and a whole lot mas!
superduperfantastic superdup…
Jul 03, 2007
We sat outside. There was no wait, probably not a typical experience... We didn't have to find parking because we took a cab from where we were staying, probably not a typical experience... We DID order the Mexican Martinis, which were really 2.5 margaritas served in mini martini glasses. Sorta what they're known for. Pretty tasty. They limit you to just two because you're supposed to be sloshed by then. I have a feeling that the guys with us could've taken on more than that... but it started raining (pouring, really), and so we didn't stick around.

Food was decent. But for the love of [fill in blank as appropriate], why so many options!? We had to pick out the beans, the sauces, all that good stuff, and then for the drinks - this, that, and everything... and why is the guacamole served on a lettuce leaf? It's deceiving.

Still a good time was had by all. It was an enjoyable spot, and I'd probably check it out again if eating in a big group... It's just that kind of atmosphere. And the service wasn't bad either! I wonder if their flat-screen survived the sudden downpour though! As I was finishing up, it started to sprinkle. A minute later, it was just drenching - luckily, we picked up our drinks and headed inside before it got worse... But the tv was still outside... YIKES.
lonlee2 says:
Trudy's is a great place to grab Tex-Mex. The chorizo stuffed chicken or the Fried avocado stuffed with chicken and cheese is fantastic!!!
Posted on: Jun 10, 2008