Troy Bar

10 Hoxton Street, London, United Kingdom - 020 7739 6695

Troy Bar London Reviews

MJDupuis MJDupuis
Troy Bar A Hidden Gem in Northwest London Feb 27, 2012
I don't often spend the time to review the wide variety of bars and clubs that I explore, however I'm quite happy to spend the time on this place.

Troy Bar is tucked away on Hoxton road which is a stones throw away from Old Street. My first experience with this bar was on a night out with no specific destination in mind, rather a thirst for some beer and a nose for exploring. London certainly has a lot to offer, but this place has made a good impression with me. Perhaps it's the small size of the bar, or the fact that it's reminiscent of a dark basement, a breath of fresh air in a city where there's so many posh restaurants and bars. This place is as it says on their website, "London's best kept secret." Well they're certainly one of them, that's for sure.

Troy Bar has a distinctive Caribbean theme with nightly Reggae tunes and a some talented DJs. The dance floor is small enough to be cozy, and everyone seems to be dancing together. Yet it's large and open enough to never be cramped.

I've seen that they serve food during the day and even have live music throughout the week. I've a;ready spent several nights closing this place and I hope to have several more in the future, so please if you get the chance to make your way to Old Street, you really should check this place out!

Check London Hotel Deals