Tropicana Las Vegas

Tropicana Las Vegas Rates and Deals

Tropicana Las Vegas Reviews

Fitnessguru729 Fitnessg…
Tropicana Bonanza! Aug 24, 2011
I stayed at The Tropicana Hotel in Las Vegas for a 21st Birthday celebration and it was a blast even though I was in a room with 6 other guys which means when you split the costs its $5 per person per night! ha! This hotel has a good value but you pretty much get what you pay for in this one. The location is very good being right off the strip. The room is pretty clean. The amenities were nice including a nice pool and OK little gym. The bed was kind of stiff, the bathroom was small and the service was OK. Just remember in vegas you get what you pay for but this was a great place to stay if your on a college student budget..."broke"...LOL!
camillechicago camillec…
Newly renovated hotel on the Strip Jun 12, 2011
This was my first stay in Vegas. I was not disapointed by the Tropicana Hotel. It is newly renovated, the pool is nice with water falls. The rooms are not big but there's everything you'll need. I didn't try the food but there is a nice restaurant with a terrace on the pool side. Memorial weekend was so busy but no huge line to check in, easy check out and convenient luggage storage for free. The casino is small but clear and luminous. You will smell coconut by appraoching the main lobby, I liked it!

They just opened a new nightclub, the nikki beach. The location is convenient, accross the street the MGM and New York New York. They still provide interesting fares to attract new customers.

A good average value.
jacgrob jacgrob
Resort and Casino Jun 03, 2011
This was our first stay at the Tropicana, the staff was friendly, the guests were friendly, dealers were fun and spoke english, great pool and view, our room was clean, good food, good service.

Sports bar is good, the Tropicana has a old Vegas feel and most of the original hotel is still there. Hotel needs updating, but a great place to stay. Awesome deals.
minerva3333 minerva3…
Older casino with a great location and a fantastic pool. May 22, 2008
Yes, the Tropicana is an older hotel and the casino is more similar to the downtown casinos than its neighbors on the strip. However, it is also significantly cheaper than the others on the strip, and in fact, the location can't be beat. Our room was definitely out-dated (down to the ridiculous mirrors on the ceiling and walls around the bed!) but the bathroom was very large and the room was clean and spacious. The pool area is quite large and there is plenty of room for sunbathing and chairs always seemed available even though it was a holiday weekend. There was also a smaller pool that was exclusively for adults in a secluded area. The pool bar was decent and affordable(32oz mixed cocktails for $13 in a refillable cup). Again, the casino was not great, but with the MGM across the street, who cares? There was no nightlife at the hotel, but again, there was no reason to stay with amazing clubs in walking distance.

I was a bit disappointed that they do charge for WiFi though.

(stayed May 2007)
Prot Prot
Feb 15, 2007
Okay time for my first bad review as a member of The Tropicana Resort and Casino Hotel in Las vegas might have been the unfriendliest resort I have ever stayed at in all my 32 years on this planet. I know that sounds pretty harsh but I struggled to find anyone pleasant who worked there during all four days and three nights. I can honestly say that from the moment I checked in until the time I left that I've never encountered such rude behavior from front desk people and management anywhere.

Maybe that's how it is in Vegas everywhere? I'm not too sure. This was my first trip to "Sin City", but I had totally different expectations of what customer service would be like in the middle of the desert until I arrived and dealt with the Tropicana employees. The room was fine, the casino was dirty, and the atmosphere there was non-existent. Especially at night! I suppose that it's just because "The Trop" is one of the older Casinos on the strip, but wow what an eye opener. In fact I didn't even throw a lousy twenty into the Wheel of Fortune slots (which happen to be my favorite) on the way through the lobbies, because I didn't want to give them any of my money beside what the were already robbing me for my room.

Needless to say i will return to Las Vegas, but never again will I set foot inside the Tropicana.
Too Old and Too Rude.
aswold says:
Good info!
Posted on: Feb 28, 2008
jerseygirl67 says:
Try the Monte Carlo or Harrahs...if $$ is a considerations. Both are very nice, clean, friendly staff. Liked both alot. Probably the Monte Carlo a little better
Posted on: Jan 25, 2008

• Fitness Facilities
  • Massage
  • Beauty Salon
  • Health Centre
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower