Tropicana Cinemas

(702) 438-3456

Tropicana Cinemas Las Vegas Reviews

moviegal226 moviegal…
Cheap Movies With Rowdy Crowds Jan 13, 2015
I can count the number of times I've been to this bargain discount theater on one hand but I returned for the first time in over 2 years last week because they were showing "The Interview." The owners have really updated this theater for the better! I was impressed with the new screen, great projection and sound, and the new, comfortable reclining seats. It was much nicer than the last time I saw a movie here.

The theater itself is just fine, especially for the $2 ticket price. HOWEVER, that low ticket price tends to attract the not-so-nice moviegoing crowds. That means: talking teenagers, kids running around in R rated movies, and yep, the WORST kind of talkers and texters. Let me give you an example -- during my Saturday night 6:00 pm screening of the R-rated comedy 'The Interview,' we observed the following: at least 7 very small children who talked, squirmed and ran around the theater during the movie; one screaming infant who was never removed to the lobby; countless talking, texting and giggling teenagers; several guys who would talk back to the screen and repeat lines; and -- wait for it -- a full blown DOMESTIC DISPUTE between one (very vocal) couple (his girlfriend was loudly cussing him out in the back during the movie). So there you go!

Don't go here if you want to concentrate on the movie. I wouldn't choose this theater over a first-run, but if you want to see a specialty movie that's not playing anywhere else, this is the place to go. I HAD to go to this theater if I wanted to see the movie I saw.

The area isn't in the nicest part of town either, and the parking lot is very dark. I would not feel comfortable going here alone or even with some girlfriends, especially at night. It's not that sketchy, just a little "rough." The theater has big, burly security guards taking tickets and they ask to search your bags. I don't know what they are looking for, but it made me uncomfortable. There's also a big sign at the box office that lists things that aren't allowed inside, and one of them is "trash bags." That tells you the typical clientele here.

The concession stand looked good and the prices seemed reasonable (less than $5 for a large soda). They take cash only for snacks and tickets.
Exterior at night.