Tropical Isle Original

Tropical Isle Original - Tropical Isle - an institution

Tropical Isle Original New Orleans Reviews

amandalaren amandala…
Fun place Aug 08, 2012
I went here with my mom in 2010 and we were the only two in the bar, it was December and a weekday. We had lots of fun and the two bartenders there were super nice and funny. We stayed for a little while and then ended up pretty faded before walking back to the hotel we were staying in. Overall the walk back was much shorter because of how drunk we ended up. :) was lovely....but when I came back the next year I tried finding the one we went to..I swear there were two. And I walked down bourbon st and could not for the life of me find it. I will have to go down the street the opposite way next time. Have fun and be safe!

Amanda - Michigan
yadilitta yadilitta
Luau in a cup, Home of Hand Grenade NOLA's powerful drink - Tropical Isle :P Oct 14, 2008
Tropical Isle is the home of the famous or infamous Hand Grenade, one of the most famous and powerful drinks in New Orleans. You can find the Hand Grenades in their 4 locations - all of them on Bourbon Street, hehe.

The original opened in 1984 and is still very successful. It has a cozy atmosphere, where you can find tropical decoration, stuffed hand grenades hanging from the ceiling and fun signs warning you about the power of the drinks, haha.

This bars are famous because of their signature drinks. Besides the "Hand Grenade", they serve the "Tropical Itch" &, "Horny Gator" - all of them with a fruity flavor but strong and powerful. These drinks are served in funny cups, which you can keep as souvenirs.

While you are having your drink you can either listen to the band playing in the bar, take a sit on the terrace or just walk through Bourbon Street with your fun cup, hehe.

But nobody knows exactly what's in a Hand Grenade. It's a secret, but you can be sure there are lots of liqueurs in it. It doesn't taste very strong, but believe me it is... uff!!!

I found this funny Drinking Guide:

Drink 1: Will lift your spirits and make you happy.

Drink 2: Will give you a nice buzz.

Drink 3: Will result in a complete loss of your inhibitions.

Drink 4: Will cause you to dance in the streets.

Drink 5: You're on your own. Not recommendable to drink 5!
Tropical Isle - an institution
cozy atmosphere
yadilitta says:
I can understand why, hehe
alyssa_ob says:
Yeah! This was my favorite drinking establishment in New Orleans!
yadilitta says:
haha, this place is impossible not to visit if you are in the city, hehe

Check New Orleans Hotel Deals