Tropic Capricorn Hotel

11 Wasa Wasa Rd

Tropic Capricorn Hotel Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Affordable luxuary on the beach front Sep 08, 2010
This is a very small hotel in Fiji, however the location is perfect and the owner is very friendly and helpful. I even bargain the price as I turn up there without any booking or reservation. The hotel located right at the beach front with white sandy beach and hotel also has a small swimming pool with funny location – right in the middle of the dining area inside the hotel building. Not bad for a dip in the pool, especially in the hot climate, however if the dining area full of guests having lunch or dinner, you just have to get used to it, where people watch you while swimming.

I enquire a single private en-suite room and I get one double bed with private bathroom. The room is spacious with modern facility of air condition, tv, fridge, tea and coffee making facility. The mattress is very comfortable and the air condition working really well.

The room have fabulous view toward the ocean from the balcony especially for sunset viewing. I think it is best to view sunset from the room than from the beach – since I tried this before and I have very clear sunset view from the room as it is higher ground. I do not remember which level the room was, either second or third floor of the building.

It was very peaceful and quite at night time as this is more like family hotel than youngster hotel.

The hotel have several different room types from budget and share bathroom and most guests are couples, or single females. The owner also live in the hotel building.

I do not remember the cost of the room per night, but very reasonable compare with other big hotels in Fiji. The cost is not include breakfast so need to pay extra if want breakfast in the hotel.

There is one restaurant in the hotel which offer good value food. I dine in the restaurant several times for lunch and dinner since I stayed here for several nights. The food is excellent, very tasty, abundance and quite cheap compare with other restaurants.

Unfortunately there is no entertainment at this hotel, however, next door is Smuggler cave hotel with nightly entertainment and busy with youngster, and you are welcome to join in. The staff at Smuggler cave hotel also friendly and helpful.

There are several people offer horse ride around the beach and also to explore the island with reasonable price.

I met a single female travel from my own country here and we hooked up and explore the place together and did day sightseeing as well and enjoy the horse ride around the beach.

I would recommend this place to budget traveler as the hotel is clean, safe, have a very good location, room with beach view and all amenities work well.
Tropic Capricorn Hotel Map