Tromso Friluftsenter

2 Kirkegata, Tromso, Norway

Tromso Friluftsenter Reviews

Biedjee Biedjee
An absolute rip off Jan 25, 2009
Norway is expensive, so to moan about prices is useless. However, even for Norwegian standards the Northern Lights tour of Tromsø Friluftsenter is a rip-off.

You pay the equivalent of 75 euros to go on a 30 minute drive to a farm, where you will enjoy a Sami dinner (basically a stew with potatoes, carrots and reindeer meat).

If you are lucky you can see the Northern Lights from this location, which is very scenic on the shore of the Sandnessundet fjord. However, there is too much light pollution to really see the lights if they are weak.

It is also possible to do a 30-minute reindeer sled ride (add another € 50)

Unfortunately my experience was even worse than described above. Though this is called a 'Northern Lights' excursion, the driver forced us to leave just when the lights started to appear in the sky. On top of this he had obviously been drinking, which is in my opinion unforgivable for a 'professional' company.

So take my advice and do NOT book with these people.
Northern lights as seen from the F…
peony says:
I cannot agree more!!! Four of us went for a trip to this 'farm'. The coach stopped, nobody said get off, then 10 minutes later the driver came back and switched all the lights off. He apologised then asked us to get off, took us to the Lavvu hut where a very small fire was lit. We sat in there for 15 minutes, then the guide said follow me, 5 minutes walk to a small beach, then said here it is you can walk around the beach or go back to the Lavvu hut. Although there were no lights (not their fault), the beach had no where to sit, so after an hour and deep chill, went back to the hut to warm up. An hour an half later the guide came back with some coffee and cake, passed that around and then said get back on the coach. The four of use paid nearly £250, and it was a RIP OFF!!!! Not friendly, no chat, just a money racket..... BOO!!!!!
Posted on: Feb 22, 2012
visavis says:
Thanks for your post. Will keep in mind about this tour.
Posted on: Dec 14, 2010
redeye says:
Thanks for this. Going to Tromso tomorrow and I will avoid this tour.
Posted on: Oct 28, 2010