Tallinn, Estonia
627 6245

Troika Tallinn Reviews

tersia tersia
Russian Restaurant Feb 11, 2013
After a fun filled day we headed to Troika Russian Restaurant for dinner. When we arrived we were greeted by the very friendly manager on duty who took us downstairs to the cellar restaurant. This was my first time visiting a Russian restaurant and was I not sure what to expect, but I was immediately impressed with the arched cellar ceilings and painted murals.

The waiters all wore traditional clothes, and our chilled vodka was poured from about 1m above the shot glass (without any spillage!!) The menu is quite big and you have more than enough options to choose from. I was encouraged to take the Stroganoff of Bear, since I’ve never had bear before, and its very traditional. It was quite good and tasty, not sure if I’ll ever order it again; it just felt wrong to eat bear if there are so much more to choose from.

Between each course we had a toast to good life and health with our chilled vodka. They have live Russian Folk music every night from 7pm and we really enjoyed the entertainment.

We had to go outside for a smoke break and the doorman brought us each a blanket so we won’t freeze to death, quite ironic since we are not doing the healthiest thing in the world… but we did appreciate the gesture very much!!!

It can be quite an expensive night out with all the extra drinks and tips, most of the food is averagely priced, but they have a couple of items which are quite costly. If you work on a budget, you’ll still be able to eat here.

All in all we had a wonderful evening!!!! The staff were nice, the food good, the music great and a place I will definitely visit again. Na Zdorovie
tersia says:
Thaks for the congrats everyone!!!! :) Will try the soup next time Elena :)
Posted on: Mar 15, 2013