Troegs Brewery

800 Paxton St, Harrisburg, PA, USA - (717) 232-1297

Troegs Brewery Harrisburg Reviews

pinchora pinchora
Mmmm... Mmmm... Beer Tasting Good! Oct 20, 2008
When you get out of your car at Troegs you will smell an amazing smell... the beer here smells so delicious you just know you are in for a Treat!!!

When Ivan (igallegos) and I went on the tour we knew the Brewer who was working so we got some special a private tour... but it's still recommended to go even in a larger group on the Saturday times!

The tour starts out in the Brew House where the hops are boiled... this is where the aroma was coming from when we were out in the parking lot! The next part is the Cellaring Fermentation where the Yeast is added.... then comes the Filtration and then Finally the Bottling!

After the tour you can go into the tasting room and the gift shop. In the tasting room you can try the beers in the "tasting" glasses for free. These are smaller glasses so you can see which type of beer you might like. The 12 oz drafts are $4, the 12 oz Troegenator is $4.50, the 12 oz Scratch Beer is $4.5, six 5 oz glasses for the sampler tray is $6 and the seasonal draft in 8 oz is $5.

Troegs is owned by 2 brothers who started the Brewery in 1996... since they've been brewing for 10 years they started a beer called scratch beer which is the recipes they decided not to go with that they round on old "scratch" pads. This beer changes every so often so it may not be the same when you go back again! For October 2008 it's a beer called Saison which is Scratch #14... the Scratch #15 - Double Espresso Oatmeal Stout is coming Nov. 14th...which I am absolutely excited for (I liked the one at Summit Brewery {} in Minnesota so I have to like this one right?)

Beers available year round include: Pale Ale, HopBack Amber, Rugged Trail, Troegenator Double Bock, and DreamWeaver Wheat.

Seasonal Beers include: Sunshine Pils (April -Aug), Dead Reckoning Porter (August - September), The Mad Elf (November - January) and Nugget Nectar (February).

If you're in the Central/Eastern Pennsylvania area you have to stop by Troegs... you won't be dissapointed... and if you're one of those people who say "I don't like Beer" I'm sure there is one here you like as they are absolutely delicious! And if all else fails their designs for the brews are fabulous! I enjoyed looking at every single one of them!!
Boil away mr. beer brewer!!!
Ivan enjoying the aroma!

Related Travel Blogs About Troegs Brewery

Snow up in the mountains
Hey guys... so since I was driving to Altoona yesterday and got stuck in a pretty wicked snow storm right up the road and then when I got to altoona I saw no snow I went up to the top of the Mountain…review on Troegs Brewery in Harrisburg but the server dropped and I lost everything... sigh... so keep a look out! …

Check Harrisburg Hotel Deals