Tristran del Pozo Mansion

San Francisco St, Arequipa, Peru
Tristran del Pozo Mansion  - main courtyard
Tristran del Pozo Mansion  - Main courtyard (compete with guard!)
Tristran del Pozo Mansion  - The trinity represented by three identical images of christ.  Caused quite a lot of contention when painted..

Tristran del Pozo Mansion Arequipa Reviews

HelenP HelenP
Colonial architecture and lovely paintings Jul 19, 2013
I stumbled across this place as I was walking back to my hotel from the Plaza des Amas.

The building is owned by the Bank of Peru, and still houses working offices. The public can however visit the numismatic museum and small art gallery as well as the courtyards and beautiful gardens.

My visit included a free guided tour in english and from this I learned that the mansion was built in 1738 of in tradtional white stoned colonial style for General Domingo Carlos Tristan del Pozol.

Not being a coin buff I admit that I somewhat skipped the numismatic museum, but I did very much enjoy the religous art in the gallery, the courtyards and beautiful secluded garden.

It is not the largest of most spectacular museum that I have ever been in. But if you want to visit a well preserved traditional white stone colonial building and enjoy charming courtyard gardens and some rather good paintings, then make sure you visit if you are in Arequipa.
Main courtyard (compete with guard…
main courtyard
The trinity represented by three i…

Check Arequipa Hotel Deals