Trip to Munnar with Kerala Tourism

Trip to Munnar with Kerala Tourism - Tea

Trip to Munnar with Kerala Tourism Reviews

demini demini
Munnar trip May 31, 2011
I wanted to see some of the out of the way places in kerala, so while I was in Fort Cochin I took a overnight trip to Munnar. Was kinda expensive for the solo traveler, but i was able to join up with a lovely girl from UK, and we shared the cost of a private driver, and were able to see a 'Spice farm' and watch elephants bathe,and visit a tea factory and had a lovely time, and stayed in a lovely place in Munnar, which is beautiful when the weather is good, but is mostly misty and mysterious.

The place I booked thru was in Princess street, and I was quite happy, until they stopped on the way back to force me to post a good review on Tripadvisor. Lost me right there...

Other than that, I loved it all, and would suggest Sonetta, or Four Seasons as good places to stay in the area. And you must eat at Elite Bakery, especially for their authentic Indian breakfast .
oceanroses oceanros…
Affordable Trips with plenty of sightseeing and local food. Mar 12, 2011
You can book this trip at the Kerala Tourism Hut near the Boat Jetty.

The two day trip itself is with a jeep that picks you up in the early morning. On the way there you get a chance to see Elephants bathing, a couple of spectacular waterfalls and of course the scenery to the western ghats.

You get booked into a small bed and breakfast, into either a room or a bamboo hut, with attached bathrooms. There you also get you meals, which usually is typical Kerala cuisine and delicious.

On the first day, we went to a tea factory with attached museum and got a guided tour and tea and then took some pictures of the hills.

On the second day, we went to Top Station, a view point high up in the hills, from where we had a fantastic view, with Tamil Nadu on the horizon. After that we looked at a dam, and could actually see wild elephants across the river.

This trip is well worth the money and the bed and breakfast has a very homely atmosphere.
oceanroses oceanros…
Affordable Trips with plenty of sightseeing and local food. Mar 12, 2011
You can book this trip at the Kerala Tourism Hut near the Boat Jetty.

On the second day, we went to a view point high up in the hills, from where we had a fantastic view, with Tamil Nadu on the horizon. After that we looked at a dam, and could actually see wild elephants across the river.

Bathing Elephants