Trieste Hotel Verona

Trieste Hotel Verona Rates and Deals

Trieste Hotel Verona Reviews

spocklogic spocklog…
Hotel on the lazy side in Verona Jul 17, 2002
I moved to this hotel during my last night in Verona and thought I was trading a bad neighborhood for a better one and that was certainly true, but what I really got was just a worse room, but just in a better neighborhood. See my previous review ( of where I was before this hotel in Verona. It's amazing sometimes the trade-off there are in life for finding good accommodations. Well, that's the nature of travel sometimes. Anyway, this review is self contained, but you get a perspective from my viewpoint by looking at the review of my previous hotel in Verona in the link I gave above.

This place has a nice central locale and is right on Corso Porta Nuova, a short distance from the main attractions in Verona. A fairly decent foyer or lobby too, but this aspect and the location is about all the hotel has going for it. It's a dirty hotel in the rooms, not like the obvious kind, but subtle things you notice: an odd smell here or there, things that haven't been dusted in a while, stains on bed spreads and upholstery that could be cleaned, opened bathroom products, and generally things you don't want to examine too closely - Enough neglect not to make you want to touch stuff. The main street is sort of noisy, which my room was facing, but the windows give some sound protection and it quiets a little at night, but still has that street noise ambiance. Such street noise never really bothers me and reminds me of my childhood when I lived in the Suburbs of Boston, but for others it can be a real annoyance. It has a good view from the front rooms up and down Corso Porto Nuova. Sometimes a good view is a tradeoff for noise in small hotels, but not always.

The staff here were sort of well-relaxed, almost too much so. While I appreciated they never were upset with anything I asked, they also did not really make any effort to do anything extra for the customers either. It wasn't just me, and I spent some time in the lobby/foyer observing too. I like to do this now and then when I have idle moments to observe how the staff behaves to other customers. I try to be objective, and offer my opinion best I can with added observation. In my perspective, this place suffers not from lack of good location, or even a decent building, maybe not even some attempt at making it look inviting from the outside and in the foyer/lobby, but really from a lazy neglect of cleanliness in the rooms and attitude of the staff. Usually lazy hotel staff results from lazy hotel management. I am sometimes surprised to see a place with potential be a waste of space from laziness.

I don't wish to get on a soapbox here, but my stay in Verona was a contrast in attitudes and locations. My previous hotel (Hotel Monaco, see link for that review I gave above) was in a terrible location, but they maintained an excellence as best they could and the hotel I move to (Trieste Hotel in this review) was in a great location and yet nobody seemed to care about standards. There is a perspective here I share maybe with some meaning towards pride...
Hotel Facaade
Hotel Lobby

Trieste Hotel Verona Overview

A welcoming hotel enjoying a strategic location in Verona, hotel Trieste overlooks a beautiful tree-lined boulevard and lies only 300 metres from the famous Arena di Verona square, the very heart of the historical centre and an ideal starting point to visit the city of Romeo and Juliet. Despite its central location, the hotel is within walking distance of Verona train station (10 minutes on foot) and is easily reachable from the airport and the highway (Verona nord, Verona sud, Verona est exits ). Furthermore, the hotel is in the immediate vicinity of the fairgrounds, the justice court, the hospital, and various congress centres. Shopping enthusiasts will appreciate the adjacent via Mazzini and Corso Portoni Borsari streets. If you are coming by car, the hotel features an underground private garage with direct access to the hall by lift. Hotel Trieste is a small and cosy property, boasting airy, brightly-lit common areas, particularly seducing by night, when the atmosphere becomes warm and enveloping. You will start your day with a healthy breakfast, served in the luminous breakfast room, and end it in the cosy hotel lobby, sipping one of the excellent local wines.

Trieste Hotel Amenities

• Mini Bar
  • Hair Dryer
  • TV
  • Facsimile
  • Internet Connection (wireless)

Check Trieste Hotel Rates and Deals