Tribeca Grill

375 Greenwich Street, New York, NY, USA

Tribeca Grill New York Reviews

ishootnikon ishootni…
Not What is used to be Jun 29, 2011
If you asked me a few years ago for a great restaurant in NYC Tribeca Grill would definitely be on the short list. For me, it was a great mix—The perfect place to bring family or clients. The food was superb, but you didn't need a copy of Escoffier with you to understand the menu. The service was consistent and accommodating and never got in the way of conversation.

The crowd is professional and slightly upscale, but rarely snobby. The tables actually have room for your elbows...

Many of these traits still apply. This place has past it's prime, but because of it's slightly out-of-the-way location, it doesn't attract many tourists. Last time I was there I didn't see a single fanny pack or an ohio state t-shirt. There was one major problem though. The food was absolutely horrid. I'm talking inedible.

I was there with two colleagues visiting from another office and was totally embarrassed. I wanted a restaurant that was comfortable and had a nice variety to the menu. Tribeca Grill's interior feels upscale, but not pretentious by any means, and is...I mean was, the ideal place to bring people if you are unsure of their tastes. However, this time around, I was embarrassed to pick this restaurant.

After having a few glasses of scotch, we took our seats. About 30 minutes later, a waitress finally arrived after I had to walk up to the host stand and ask for someone. I ordered a few appetizers for the table, and the fillet for my entree. About another 30 minutes later, everything arrived at once. After two bites of my steak, I realized something was wrong. Then I smelled it. It was bad—Had the taste and smell as if it sat in the sun for a few hours prior to cooking. Disgusting.

After 10 minutes of trying to flag someone down, I was able to send the food back. The waitress offered me something else from the menu. I ordered the salmon, and when asked how I would prefer it to be cooked, I replied, well done. It came out raw.... seriously raw.

At that point, I gave up. I'm pretty forgiving when it comes to this stuff. However, when you are spending $500 for 3 people, two strikes is two strikes too many. I won't be going back.
PuertoRican PuertoRi…
You gotta try this place Jun 14, 2011
Whenever I walk by the aroma of beef on the grill just pulls me into Tribeca Grill. It is amazing that you can get quality bbq food in this area. They start you off with complimentary pretzel bread rolls with whipped butter which is a nice change from the plain bread and butter at other restaurants. I have ordered the ribs, prime rib, and burger during my previous visits. If you like savory bbq ribs with a nice charcoal flavor than you have found it. The prime rib was cooked to perfection. On my last visit, the burger was a bit under cooked, but the meat was grade A with good flavoring. The other amazing thing is watching them cook your meal on the larger than life grills!

If you are craving bacon, make sure you check out the breakfast buffet. A full spread from pastries to omelettes. I have not tried this, but it is next on my list.

Pro: good charcoal flavored BBQ, moderately price

Cons: still more expensive than cooking at home on your own
Dr_Seuss Dr_Seuss
Good Food and Atmosphere Feb 02, 2010
Went along after Belgian_Tom found out it was doing the New York Restaurant Week deal. Restaurant is co-owned by Robert De Niro but is quite understated.

Was really busy,even in the evening, and had to wait on a table. They give you a wee slip to sit with at the bar, so the barman will know where to find you when a table becomes available.

$8 for a bottle of local beer though :O, but the meals look like they come with all the side orders, so food didn't look that bad.Expensive maybe, I had doubts when rating it, because for what you get it didn't seem like it.

We did the deal they were running that week and got a 3 course meal for $35. The place was pretty well full, but the service was quick, and each table had it's own waiter,

Even though it was a special deal the choice was quite good from the restricted menu. I ordered and Tom just copied me :d.

Started with the Lamb Sausage,then the Venison and finished off with some New York Cheesecake,all of which were very good.

For all it was mobbed, there was no rush and it was a really pleasant meal, despite the fact we were going for the low end option.

Waiter was quite happy to take a few pictures of the table as well, since Tom decided he would have to earn his tip :D

quite surprised it hasn't featured on here before :O because it is a good shout for somewhere to go
Front Of Tribeca Grill
Menu Picture Done By De Niro And S…
At The Table