Treetops El Nido

Check El Nido Hotel Deals

Treetops El Nido Reviews

TravellinChic Travelli…
Special place for relaxation Jun 15, 2011
I had a hard time researching for a place to stay in El Nido because the range of accommodation here is either expensive (El Nido Resorts) or too basic (but cheap). I would like a decent place to stay and somewhat a bit special.

After an exhaustive research on internet, I found this on another travel site to be highly recommended by its reviewers. They made a very good impression with the details on what made their stay special which convinced me that this is THE place.

What I liked about it is that there are only 2 chalet so it seemed more intimate. This holiday is more like a relaxation and bonding for me and my friend so it sounds perfect :) Also important information that made me decide is the fact that the owners were showered with accolades by their guests. Service is highly important for me so I value that :)

I communicated with Dave who is part owner with his wife Grace. Dave responded very quickly on each emails except for those days when the internet is not working in El Nido. He answered all my questions with sufficient details and even with those exchanges, i already have a good feeling about it :)

We are coming from El Nido Lagen so we were brought to the airport after checking out. I tried to get a trike on my own but it seemed the trike is trying to rip me off so I called Dave. I asked what should be the reasonable rate and when she said P70 as opposed to P250++ the trike driver was saying, she said they'll just pick us up from airport. I told the trike that we will be picked up so we have to cancel with him.

After a while, there seem to be some confusion at the gate. Apparently, the airport which is essentially owned by ITI (El Nido resorts' airline) does not allow non-passengers to get in esp vehicles without showing and leaving their license. Since Dave left his, they can't enter. So Grace had to hire a trike to come inside and get us.

We met Dave waiting at the van outside the airport's gate and we're excited to see our new place to stay :)

After a bit chitchat, we finally arrived at Treetops. They have a nice and large wooden gate which looks more like a nice residence than a resort :) They first brought us to their home and they offered us some complimentary refreshments. Afterwards, we were brought to our room and wow! :) It's not Lagen but it's very nice. I like very much the use of natural materials which I believe suits a resort much better bec it completes the ambiance and blends with the natural beauty of its surroundings. I also like the fact that we are staying at a chalet and not a room attached next to another room so this offers some privacy as well.

The room is best suited for couple considering the size of the room and bathroom and the bed. The bed was a bit short for a six footer or more tho :)

The bed canopy is a nice touch to the bed. There are some flowers inserted to the towels which I believe was freshly picked from their own garden. I like these small touches :)

They provided a small TV inside the bedroom which we didnt get to use much except for listening to music while chilling out at the veranda.

We found out during our stay that indeed Dave and Grace are the most hospitable owners. They made our stay as pleasant as it could be and they try to provide us with almost everything we could possibly need to make our stay comfortable. They would call trike for us when we need to go to the city center, arranged for a boatman, and try to serve us wonderful meal everytime :) They are both travelers and I believe that's what makes Dave and Grace very much attuned to the need/preference of their guests.

Dining at Treetops is a very nice experience. They have a nice veranda to dine which is also a nice place to watch sunset while having some sundowners. Dave cooks the food and because he love to cook, each meal is specially prepared. Our first meal made the impression that it was even better than what we had in Lagen :P

We always have breakfast here as well bec it's convenient and bec they are always watching BBC and personally, I like that :) Makes us still get a bit of info on what's going on outside our holiday :P Breakfast costs P200-250 so it's alright. The choices are eggs, bacon, pancake, etc. Breakfast includes refillable coffee and toast with jam, marmalade, butter which we always have plus eggs for me (all the time). Sometimes, I would ask for bacon too which is very good and done crispy like I requested but only had it once bec I don't want to gain too much weight. We were eating a lot bec of Dave's cooking :P

The cost of the chalet is P2500/night and I believe that's good for value considering the nice and relaxing place. The intimacy of having just 2 chalets. The very attending and pleasant owners who are always a step ahead in thinking what we might need. The very beautiful sunset which is only seen at Corong Corong and Lagen :)

This is not near the city center but Grace could easily get a trike to bring you there and it will only cost P30 one way so it's ok as it will only take like 10 mins or so to get there. Also, you could be fetched by the boatman from Treetops too bec Treetops is a beachfront property.

Overall, our stay was very pleasant and would highly recommend this place for couples/friends who are not on tight budget.

To contact Dave: treetopselnido@yahoo.com

+639183552836
No aircon, it was a bit warm on ou…
crazychictraveller says:
congrats!
TravellinChic says:
Thank you soooo much guys!!!! :)
vulindlela says: