Travelodge London Farringdon

Travelodge London Farringdon Rates and Deals

Travelodge London Farringdon Reviews

DAO DAO
The Worst Travelodge Apr 02, 2017
I have stayed at probably 50 Travelodge locations across the UK. Possibly more. I can tell you that this is the worst one and the only location I would never stay again. There is just something wrong about this place. When I arrived at the cramped reception, it just seemed chaos and the place looked run down. This is a multi-story building with the world’s smallest lift (elevator). No chance of a disabled room at this place. When I found my room, I tried the bed. Actually I just wanted to sit down for a second. I have always known that Travelodge has some of the best hotel mattresses in the country. Except here. The mattress felt cheap and uncomfortable. It was. I had great difficulty sleeping between the bad bed and the noisy road outside. My room was also quite warm.

This is the worst Travelodge in Britain. Avoid.
DAO says:
@AdamR3723, the one on City Road is very good. The one at Euston is bad as well.
Posted on: Apr 03, 2017
AdamR3723 says:
Oh dear. Travelodges are usually excellent. Living in London, I have never needed to stay in a Travelodge, but did wonder what the London ones are like.
Posted on: Apr 03, 2017
DAO says:
Sorry! VT files and backups are a mess!
Posted on: Apr 02, 2017
DAO DAO
The Worst Travelodge Feb 13, 2017
I have stayed at probably 50 Travelodge locations across the UK. Possibly more. I can tell you that this is the worst one and the only location I would never stay again. There is just something wrong about this place. When I arrived at the cramped reception, it just seemed chaos and the place looked run down. This is a multi-storey building with the world’s smallest lift (elevator). No chance of a disabled room at this place. When I found my room, I tried the bed. Actually I just wanted to sit down for a second. I have always known that Travelodge has some of the best hotel mattresses in the country. Except here. The mattress felt cheap and uncomfortable. It was. I had great difficulty sleeping between the bad bed and the noisy road outside. My room was also quite warm.

This is the worst Travelodge in Britain. Avoid.

Plus points (trying to be fair):

Large desk and a bath in the bathroom. That's it really.
Lavarne Lavarne
Affordable accomodation in London City Centre Oct 23, 2011
Travelodge Farringdon is a well-located hotel in London City Centre. Nearby Kings Cross station (just a 10 minute walk) and also nearby the underground station Farringdon.

It's easy to find and provides the things one need to stay in London for a couple of days.

The staff is friendly and willing to help, check-in when having a reservation takes up only a few minutes and then the card-keys are handed over.

The rooms are not that big but are provided with bathrooms and comfortable beds. There's a television and the room I had myself was with street-view. Even though Kings Cross Road is quite busy, I slept well with the window opened.

Breakfast in the morning is self-service but worth it. It's a good start of the day and comes with the room. When checking in you'll get the breakfast voucher with which you can enter the breakfast room.

Although it's pretty basic, it's more than OK.

The hotel has it's own bar, opened till late and friendly personnel.

Every day the room gets cleaned and the bathroom is supplied with new fresh towels, even though you have the option to keep them for the next day.

Travelodge London Farringdon Overview

Built in 1973, the 5-storey hotel offers a total of 211 rooms. Facilities include a 24-hour reception desk, a cafe and a lift. Additional amenities include a bar, a pub and a restaurant. In addition, room service is available to hotel guests. Those arriving by car may make use of the hotel car park. Non-smoking rooms may also be requested. This basic hotel is located on the wonderful Kings Cross Road, in northeast London. Three important underground stations are located nearby: Kings Cross, St. Pancras and Farringdon. The districts of Convent Garden and Bloomsbury are only a short taxi ride away and further sightseeing attractions in the neighbourhood include the Saddler's Wells Theatre, St. Paul's Cathedral and the British Museum. The nearest public transport links about 250 m from the hotel.

Travelodge London Farringdon Amenities