Travelodge Alexandria

Travelodge Alexandria Rates and Deals

Travelodge Alexandria Reviews

theyellowturtle theyello…
Not worth the money you would save Jan 10, 2012
Let me start off by saying I do not mind old hotels, as long as they are clean. This was NOT! After check I went to my room. Like always, I pull back the blankets from the bed to see if its a clean room. But this is the first room I ever found RAT DROPPINGS in the bed. From the pictures on the internet it looked better. DO NOT STAY HERE. unless your ok with 'extra roomates'. We Checked out within 10 mins of checking in. Stayed at the Embassy Suits Alexandria Va, twice the cost, but didn't have to burn our cloths after sleeping there.
maryanntravel maryannt…
Not the best choice for a trip to Washington D.C. Jul 22, 2008
We visited Washington D.C. at the beginning of our holiday in the U.S. I had not made the reservation myself, but one of my family members living in the U.S. did. She initially booked for only one night. We had to make it two, so we called to ask if that was possible. Luckily this was not a problem.

The description of this place says it's a hotel. I would rather call it a motel, as it looks exactly like a motel and also does not have the features a regular hotel normally has.

Getting to the motel is not a problem. The motel is well accessible and there is enough parking space.

Checking in went smooth and the staff was friendly. However, the exterior of the motel looked very dingy and old. The same for the room itself and the bathroom. And it wasn't the most clean either. We even found a cockroach in the bathroom. Plus, we were lucky to have brought our own towels, because the ones provided were not the most fresh ones.

The bed was very firm though, so I had a good night rest.

Breakfast was included, but I don't consider coffee, donuts and juice a breakfast, so we ate somewhere else.

The walk to the subway took quite a while, which we didn't expect, about 15-20 minutes. We had to walk as there was no possibility to park the car at the station.

In total we paid about $100 per room per night, which I believe is way too much. It was not good value for money and therefore I will not recommend this motel to travelers going to Washington D.C.
Travelodge Alexandria
Lobby, including breakfast nook
jennjeff1 says:
I think this hotel has been rennovated since 2003--but it is still not the greatest.
Posted on: Oct 04, 2010
jennjeff1 says:
Travelodge Hotel Alexandria (Virginia) is one of the worst places to stay in the Old Town Alexandria area. It is also pretty far from any Metro stations unless you take a bus. We agree with Mary Ann: Not Recommended, especially for the price.
Posted on: Oct 04, 2010

Travelodge Alexandria Overview

Situated within the historic district of the city, the Travelodge Alexandria provides guests with walking access to the old town area shops, markets, restaurants, and entertainment venues. This Alexandria hotel is situated along the Potomac River. Area attractions include the Arlington National Cemetery, the Mount Vernon Estate, the Lincoln and Jefferson Memorials, and the Washington Monument. The hotel is located just six miles from the Washington DC center. The Travelodge Alexandria offers complimentary on-site parking for guest convenience. Additionally, the Washington DC metro station is just steps away from the accommodation. The Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport is just four miles away.

The guestrooms at the Travelodge Alexandria provide such amenities as air-conditioning, cable television, direct-dial telephones, high-speed Internet access, and private bathrooms with toiletries. Select guestrooms include upgraded amenities and refrigerators.

A pet friendly establishment, the Travelodge Alexandria offers modern accommodation. Amenities of the hotel include a restaurant, a complimentary Continental breakfast, and wireless Internet access. Additionally, the hotel staff can serve as a tour desk, providing guests with access to tour packages.

Travelodge Amenities

• Coffee / Tea Maker
  • Hair Dryer
  • TV
  • Desk
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Cots