Travellers Planet Hostel

Travellers Planet Hostel Rates and Deals

Travellers Planet Hostel Malacca Reviews

Caliber-A Caliber-A
Over Rated on the Net Aug 18, 2016
I booked this accommodation through agoda.com. Of course, the location is always my priority in choosing a place to stay especially if it is my first time there. I booked for a double-bed room, so as my colleague did.

On the positive side: In terms of location, my preference was answered as it was located at Plaza Mahkota, Malacca City Center. It is just a walking distance to the main city attractions, the historical places, central market and restaurants. The location is really perfect for my requirements.

The reception and living area is big and homey.

But on the negative side: The booking includes free breakfast though it is just a piece of toast with jam and a cup of coffee , but when we went on to the pantry, it’s all consumed and the owner doesn’t care to replenish.

The bed was laid directly laid on the floor, no framing.

The receptionist (I think he is the owner) is not that friendly.

The cost we’ve paid for the stay is high compared to the services and amenities.

And, I didn’t even dare to take photos!!!

Above all, it’s ONLY THE LOCATION that I can vouch for.
adrianaaaron adrianaa…
Excellent guesthouse Mar 01, 2013
I recently stayed here for a day and I must compliment the guesthouse for its cleanliness, location and great service. I didn't search about the guesthouse online. Instead, I was approached by a guy at Malacca central (Bus station). He was being very nice and gave my friend and I a map on getting to the guesthouse. The map was easy to read and understand so we made our way to the guesthouse within a short period of time. We missed our first bus as there were so many people getting into just one bus. We took bus no.17 and it took us to the city centre. We stopped right in front of Malacca's highest tower. We crossed the road and went one row behind the first 7-eleven that sits at the side of the street - Travellers point is just right behind it. The building is painted in orange and there is a bell for customers to press before being entertained by the guesthouse management.

My friend and I got ourselves a nice double-bed room. It didn't have any aircond. We thought of just using the fan since we will be out most of the time. At night the weather gets colder anyway.

The bathroom was very clean. I was really impressed. The guesthouse was also very quiet. Everybody seemed to be wandering around most of the time. Even when it was 3 am, I didn't hear much noise. I had a goodnight sleep indeed.

The next day, I had a nice breakfast. I made myself toasted bread and a cup of tea. Everything is self-service here and guests are required to wash their own plates and cups after using them. If you need a cab, just ask the guesthouse. They'll get you to the bus station at only RM20. My friend and I chose to wait for the bus. Although it was very hot, we did not wait too long before the bus arrived. I guess we were just lucky because a lady who was on the same bus with us was complaining about the buses in Malacca. If you have lots of things to carry, it's best to travel by cab.

Cheers!
Travellers planet in Malacca *C…
yoanna87 yoanna87
Nice, cheap place to stay in Melaka Mar 27, 2012
Stayed at this hostel for two nights when visiting Malacca. We had a twin room and it was simple but clean so we quite liked it. There were two beds in the room as well as a desk and a chair. The bathroom was just outside of our room so it was very comfortable (but they also have en-suites if you prefer to have your own).

There is a nice common area, great for relaxing. I think you can even buy beer and soft drinks from the staff without having to go out and look for a shop (but there is 7-11 nearby if you need one).

Wi-fi was quite fast so that was a plus too.
adrianaaaron says:
Love it too :D
Posted on: Mar 02, 2013

Travellers Planet Hostel Overview

Discover all that Malacca / Melaka has to offer with Travellers Planet Hostel as a base.
The 12 guestrooms at this 1.5-star hotel provide all the essential amenities needed by the business and leisure traveler.
All of the guestrooms are replete with fan, air conditioning, non smoking rooms, internet access – wireless.
To suit guests' convenience, this Malacca / Melaka accommodation offers family room, tours, laundry service/dry cleaning.
The hotel creates a balance of rich culture and modern convinience to ensure you a memorable stay.
For your reservation at the Travellers Planet Hostel Malacca / Melaka, please select your dates of stay and fill in our secure online booking form.

Travellers Planet Hostel Amenities

• Kitchenette
  • Laundry service
  • Excursions
  • Desk
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower