Travellers House

Check Lisbon Hotel Deals

Travellers House Lisbon Reviews

tktheworldtraveler tkthewor…
So far, its the best!! Oct 23, 2015
This will be a short review because the title explains what I think about the hostel. It is located in a central location, right near the beautiful center of the city, the river (I forgot the name) and a collection of bars and restaurants. The price is very affordable, for a 4 bed dorm, I paid 16 euro per night, during the summer schedule it is more but not much more and that includes a free breakfast.

The hostel has very gracious host/greeters they tell you about the Hostel and provide any information that you would like about the city and the rooms are clean. Finally they have a TV room, a computer room and a lounge, they even offer to hand out Ipads. Also there is no pressure for payment, as I paid my balance and for the water I purchased at the end of my stay. As the title states , so far it is the best hostel I have been to. Any questions, ask - Tremaine
amytravels amytrave…
Traveler's Haven Sep 14, 2012
Alright, so you need a place to stay in Lisbon but you don't know where to start. Well, neither did I. I asked a few people and no one really knew any good places that were affordable on a backpacker's budget, but a few mentioned the little old town area near the Praca do Comercio, so that's where I looked. And I'm glad I did! This hostel wasn't like a hostel, it was like my house. The staff there was so friendly and helpful, telling me all sorts of things to do and see in Lisbon, things that aren't necessarily in the tourist guide books. Not only do they offer tours (which are amazing and a good value), they also have iPads available to sign out and use to help navigate the city! I think one of the best things about this hostel was the continuous effort to make every guest feel like they were having a specially designed holiday. Each night there is a different activity that you can sign up for, from traditional Portuguese music and pub crawl, to a BBQ (Portuguese style, of course) in the lounge. As a single traveler, I felt at ease and comfortable, and part of a nice circle of friends. The rooms are clean and safe, with lockers under the beds. They even checked if I was ok staying in a room with all men, or if I wanted to move as the guys were all traveling together. It's the little things that make the difference. If I could live there I would - I can't recommend this place enough. If you want a chill, traditional time, or a place where they can direct you where to party, this is the spot!
BBQ dinner in the hostel! :)
RonKay RonKay
Great hostel!-made me feel so comfortable as a single traveller Oct 11, 2012
This was the very first hostel I stayed in so I didn't know what to expect-but this hostel was great!

As a single traveller and my first backpacking trip, I was really worried about being lonely but from the minute I walked in I felt so welcome. The staff are great and really make an effort to get to know you and make you feel welcome.

The common area is arranged so its really easy to meet people- within 5 minutes of me being there I had already got chatting to lots of different people.

Every night they hold an activity at the hostel- I would strongly recommend you go as I had a great time and the prices were very reasonable. If I come to Lisbon again, I'll definitely be staying here!
shunter206 shunter2…
Hip Hostel in Lisbon Mar 24, 2011
The Travellers House was a great hostel in Lisbon. The location was right in the center of a popular shopping area and close to the train and bus stops. It was very clean and comfy with modern furnishings. Only complaint was that I didn't bring my netbook so had to use the computers in the commons room which were always busy.
jrego jrego
Best Hostel Ever Mar 20, 2011
The best hostel I ever steyed. The staff is wonderful. The beds are good, very clean.

There is shared bathrooms, but very clean.

Every night there is entertainment promoted by staff.
Music Lounge
Movie Room
Dining Room
cinysta cinysta
Feels like you're right at home! Aug 06, 2010
This place is definitely the best hostel ever! I have stayed in A LOT of hostels, at least 30 around the world..

Travellers House really have the right mix of atmosphere. If you want it to be fun, it can be. If you want it to be quiet, it can be! But if you walk through the common room on your way out or in, you'll most likely be greeted by strangers in the friendliest way! They have bean bags, so it's so laid back!

The great thing is, they organise events every night, whether it be a wine tasting night, or Piri Piri Chicken, all you can drink beer until the keg is dry. Then you fix up the bill at the end! Easy, fun, no worries! This is where you meet great people! Joao and Gui (gi) are the best guys and they welcome you in and show you around. It's really personalised. They are great at what they do!

You should try it out. It made my experience in Lisbon one of the best travel experiences! But I don't want to get your expectations up - just go there with an open mind. I highly recommend it :)
ariel444 ariel444
Travellers House Jan 22, 2009
very clean, modern, laid back - bean bags and all! eggs for breakfast, kegs in the evening kind of place. they also have social gatherings during the evening like wine tastings or local food tastings that you can pay 5 euro or whatever the cost is to participate in, or popcorn and movie night with the lights out and everyone relaxing on bean bags. they have a GREAT comfy tv room, free computers to use, a roomy kitchen area, and really, really, really awesome staff that allowed me to spend hours on the hostel's phone making fraud reports after i discovered my bank account was being used by someone random back home in the usa. staff was really nice and supportive about the situation, more than willing to help in any way they could and even checked on me after the fact.

comfy spacious rooms with big lockers spaces under the bunk beds. individual lights and little storage bag areas on each bed. they have a laundry service which will even fold your laundry and leave it all nice and fresh in a little basket for you on your bed! was actually sad to leave this place and i'd definitely stay again.
movie night at travellers house in…
abhmalat says:
I love hostels, it's such a great place to meet so many interesting people all under one roof!
Posted on: Aug 06, 2011