Travellers Hostel Dlouha

Travellers Hostel Dlouha Rates and Deals

Travellers Hostel Dlouha Prague Reviews

rgriffs rgriffs
Cheap and Cheerful Bed and Breakfast Jul 28, 2008
The Travellers Hostel is located close to the Vltava river just off a road leading to a bridge (which is distinguished from the others by it leading into a tunnel on the other side, it is quite a distance from the other bridges of more renown) and so if you can use the river as a guide it is not too difficult to find. On the road you turn right at a bank establishment and the hostel is along that road. It is 6 minutes walk from Slevin Subway station.

Inside the Hostel the staff’s attitude was sufficient not overly welcoming but not negative and they accepted my booking giving me a room as requested in a 16 person dorm. The Dorm was on the third floor and there were two 16 person rooms next to each other. The majority of the people in my dorm were either unable or unwilling to speak English however I had a little conversation with 2 young girls from Cambridge

The lockers in the room were sizable of a good quality and look newly refurbished. The shower is shared by 16 people (1 bathroom per dorm) but it was clean and was actually quite powerful. The bunk bed’s are positioned quite close to each other but they seemed perfectly sufficient for their purpose and the sheets were clean.

The bar upstairs opened at 7pm the bar staff all appeared to be Czech however on the first night there was a group of 10 guys from New York City drinking in there so it had quite a good atmosphere and indeed if your in a big group its definitely a good starting place as there is a good choice of spirits and on my trip it was the 2nd cheapest place to buy beer from, however the bar was empty on the Saturday night.

During the night people will arrive back as late as 7am so if you’re a light sleeper it might be better to get a room with less people in. Luckily I’m not and so it wasn’t of any real annoyance to me to be continually briefly woken up.

In the breakfast room (bar) a selection of meat and cheese was available on different plates and guests could take one plate and two rolls. Perhaps being still a little drunk I mistook the donuts on the bar for bread rolls and set to consuming my breakfast having not eaten for 24 hours. Breakfast went down well and it was not until half way through that I realized my mistake seeing bread rolls next to the cutlery.

I had to sign out of the hostel by 9am, which is a little early especially if you have had a big night out the night before but the process is quick and easy and there was no problem getting my deposit of 20 CZK back from the front desk.

To summarise I thought the hostel served its purpose very well and as it was the cheapest I could find (£11.50 a night) I was very pleased with the quality and recommend people who are not adverse to a walk (15-20 minutes from Wenceslas Square) to stay there.
Breakfast!
Sunrise over bridge very near host…
santafeclau santafec…
A bad choice, the Travellers Dlouha Hostel is a fake Feb 27, 2006
This Hostel is one of the worst hostels I have ever been. Don't leave the photos of the Hostel convince you to go there (photos are really different from what you will find there), the truth is that is a very uncomfortable and dirty hostel. The price per a double room, (with 2 beds from the comunist period) was really expensive for what it was, I was in the Circus Hostel in Berlin almost for the same price and compared to the Dlouha Hostel the Circus was like the Ritz.

The rates in the webpage are not like that because they apply the exchange they want the day you have to pay and I remeber that it was a very big difference.

When I stayed there, in 2006, there was a red hair girl in the desk. I don't know how she have got that job, she was so rude, extremely rude, a remaining of the kind of service of the Comunist Checoslovaquia.

It was also very noisy because doors are like paper.

The only good thing of the hostel was the location, really near to the Stare Mesto.

I hope you not to go there.

Check Travellers Hostel Dlouha Rates and Deals