Travellers Haven

Check Mount Isa Hotel Deals

Travellers Haven Mount Isa Reviews

alives alives
Maybe not such a haven Mar 09, 2011
Well getting off a 26 hour bus from brisbane with less than an hours sleep! we were greeted by Andrew! the Son of the owners of the hostel! with no welcome and vey little small talk we got aboard the free shuttle bus to the hostel!

We drove the 15 mins drive (if that) to the hostel! along the way andrew was asking to why were an hour half late! and complained about the fact he had to stay later to pick us up! as the night manager( who ill talk about later!) didnt own a drivers licence

I will always remember that first time of checking in with my 2 freinds 1 male 1 female!as we all checked in at same time the girl Of course put into female dorms me and my freind ben! two seperate rooms! it took them over a week to move me into the EMPTY room apart from my freind!. i will say the only real time they were nice is when u were paying your rent! which if u hadnt paid would remind you over 100 times a day! although saying this as most the people in hostel 2 others arrived a day before my self! were staying long term! didnt have to be woken up at 10 then next day if u hadnt paid!

i can say the room i eventuall moved into and spent nearly 2 half months in was smaller than a prison cell with small double bunk bed a tiny fridge! and single bed all crammed into it! the fridge wasnt really cold just kept things just under luke warm! and had a strange smell when opened! and was filthy!

This hostel was by far the worse ive stayed in In austraila so far made owrse by massive roachs!, dirty walls,kitchen!Strange weird guests! and chris the night manager! whos job its was to manage the hostel and night u would think be a night manager! oh but No he would sit watching movies all night when he wasnt complaining about people distubing him to use the internet of a buy a Can of soft drink from reception which is less than 5 ft away! and deemed it nesscary to complin about the slightest noise!

But i will leave this review on a good note! the hostel was made better by the fact! theres always long time patrions! stying there so your always up for a laugh with them be it poker, watching the very latest movie out in cinemas or before its release!(thanks to chris0

I can and cant recommend this place! short term yes long term no!

Check Mount Isa Hotel Deals