Travellers Beach Hotel & Club Mombasa

Check Mombasa Hotel Deals

Travellers Beach Hotel & Club Mombasa Reviews

msabha786 msabha786
good place May 04, 2011
We stayed at Trevellers for two weeks and it was worth the money we had payed.

1. Hotel & Room

Very nice layout, located in nice area, yards from the beach. Swimming pools and around them were cleaned every day. good size room, also clean with maid service every day.

2. Staff

I think, apart from safari, it was the best part of our holiday. I had the opportunity to talk to Waiters, Bar Tenders, Receptionists, even General Manager and they all were very friendly. I have been to many places but I didn't meet so friendly people so far.

By the way, these people don't get too much money for their work,sometimes 1-2£/day, so get 1$ or 50 shillings notes and just give them some tips. They realy deserve it.

3. Food

Just one word: AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Beach sellers

Many people are scared of them. but there is no reason for that.

I spent with them many hours talking and learning about Kenya and I'd like to clarify one issue. They all are sellers and work for some travel or tours agents and they get some percentage for each sold safari, etc. They are organized and have weekly meetings on each Friday and anyone who misses this meeting is not allowed to sell on the beach. They are assigned to certain areas and one can always ask them to present special ID card which state that they are registered. Sure, there are some rogue traders but just ask them to show ID. If you stay at Travellers and would like to go on any trip, ask for Oliver Lundi AKA' Professor'. Very nice and credible lad, with 15 years of experience. He represents Smile Tours and Travel. You can check their website or call directly oliver on his mobile +254720937425

By the way, I recommend the trip to Mombasa. In the Old Town one can find local guides who will show you the town and make sure you are safe. Negotiate the price before.

If you fancy some adventure,take a ride on local mini bus called Matatu. It's a proper fun and believe me, UK Health & Safety Officers would get heart attack if they rode one of these.

In conclusion. Kenya is realy worth visiting and Travellers Beach Hotel is worth the money. We are already thinking about going there next year.
mereteb1982 says:
great review! :) remember how much you paid pr.night?
Posted on: Jul 31, 2012
niels1us niels1us
Feb 07, 2008
Nice resort, friendly staff, good meals; large pool; Cheap; Ideal location on the Mombasa South Coast. Used to be all inclusive...
Triple room
Main building
The pool bar

Travellers Beach Hotel & Club Mombasa Overview

The hotel is set on the Indian Ocean's white sandy beaches. The rooms are designed using a combination of inviting colors and interiors that create a contemporary and coastal feel, while the suites are elegantly styled with rich interiors and have a separate lounge and bedroom. The in-house restaurants serve Italian as well as delicious Indian cuisines.

Check Mombasa Hotel Deals