Traveller Home Guesthouse

Check Tissamaharama Hotel Deals

Traveller Home Guesthouse Tissamaharama Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Traveller Home Guesthouse May 26, 2013
I didn’t book any accommodation on my way to Tissamaharama. Since I rent a taxi from the hotel I stayed in Tangalle beach to go directly to Tissamaharama and then do Yala safari, so I thought it would be easy to find a place to stay and I also has a guide book with several accommodation to check when I arrived there.

I told the taxi driver to go to the place I want to stay when we arrived in Tissamaharama, unfortunately he ignore me and go straight to the restaurant and then he introduce someone to do the safari. After a long discussion with the guy who will do the safari, finally we agreed with the price and do 8 hours Yala safari that day, but he also refused to go to the hotel I want to go and keeps recommending other place to stay.

Finally, after safari and no more sun and it were around 8 pm, we arrived back in Tissamaharam town centre and after refusing his offer of other accommodation which way out of town, I arrived at Traveller Home Guesthouse which is top choice according to lonely planet guidebook. Since it was night time and I don’t have any booking, they don’t have the new bungalow available, and I think they give one of their own rooms to me. The room located inside the house next to the kitchen and they have to clean up the room before I can go in. So, after dinner at their place and finally my room is ready I got in (no check in at this place, probably because it was late at night).

The room itself were very basic, one double bed with mosquito net, one dresser and one plank wood to put my luggage in the room and air condition. The bathroom is quite large but not that clean, quite dirty I thought and no soap or shampoo inside. They do provide towel but it was so small and thin. In addition to this, no blanket either; they only give one extra bed sheet to use as a blanket. Since I don’t have much choice as it was quite late at night, and I don’t have car to look for other accommodation, tired after long safari, so I stay for the night. It cost Rs2000 per night without breakfast.

That night I ordered fried noodles with chicken but when the food comes up, it was plain fried noodles and chicken with onion come separately. When I cut the chicken, it was not cook properly, still red blood come out from the meat, so I told the waiter and he took the chicken back and replace it after cook thoroughly. No refund of the food after this incident and I was glad, I wasn’t sick after it.

The breakfast was not good either. The omelet has no taste and it was just plain omelets without any onion or red pepper. From memory, I do not really eat the breakfast, instead I feed it to their dog outside. I don’t remember how much does it cost but the food was not worth it.

Location of this guesthouse is off the main Road and within 15 minutes walking distance to city centre and bus station. Since I get a very basic room, it was not worth the value and other place near town center is better than this place.
hotel sign outside the gate
the building from outside
restaurant
view toward the garden from restau…

Check Tissamaharama Hotel Deals