Travel Intuition

Charleston, South Carolina

Travel Intuition Charleston Reviews

oldschoolbill oldschoo…
Travel Intuition Jun 06, 2008
The No Plan Plan was on the homeward stretch with a stop somewhat unplanned to spend some time & take pictures in Charleston S.C. I had never been, it was on the way OK, so here we go right? As soon as I got inside the city limits I got a very funny feeling that I was not supposed to be here at this time. I had no explanation for the feeling! I just knew I had to get out of Charleston as quick as possible which I did.

Now that I am home I’m trying to figure out why I got that feeling that I needed to leave so quickly without seeing any of Charleston.

Went to the internet looking for answers...

Intuition or Gut Feeling-That funny feeling in the pit of your stomach or the feeling of the hairs on the back of your neck standing on end is ways of your body telling you that something is very wrong. Any veteran police officer or soldier who's seen combat and lived to tell about it will explain that part of their survival was due to trusting their "gut-feeling" that they were in danger.

Here's how it works:

There is nothing magical about this sixth-sense. It's simply your body's first reaction to adrenaline entering your blood stream.

As your digestive system is being shut down to allow more blood to flow to your muscles, you get a queasy feeling in your stomach.

Your body is getting a shot of adrenaline because your brain has determined that you're in danger. It isn't paranoia or imagined fear. It's real, and you need to pay attention to it.

Your sub-conscious which operates ten times faster than your conscious mind has picked up on signals of danger that your conscious mind has not yet processed.

Many times after the immediate threat has subsided (which it did 5 minutes away from downtown Charleston) you realize what it was that caused your sub-conscious to go into the flight or the we are OUT OF HERE mode.

This is what I think now. Charleston is an old city with narrow & ruff streets, full of tourist looking at the same things I came to see. They are switching lanes because they don’t know where to go either. I know better than to put myself in this position on a motorcycle, but I wanted to see Charleston, & I will by car at some other time.

Conclusion-I trusted my Travel Intuition & am very glad I did, just because you can’t think of a good reason at the moment doesn’t mean there is not one. TRUST YOUR GUT FEELING the reason for you actions will come to you later, it did for me!
Old School Travel Intuition
hummingbird50 says:
Yep I use it every time I step out the door...I pay closer attention when I am on a trail somewhere! Good review Bill:)
Posted on: Jun 06, 2008
redzzed says:
I thought you were gonna say that George Bush was in town :-D
Posted on: Apr 29, 2008
sylviandavid says:
I totally agree with you..... Years ago I was a great store detective because I could "feel" the people I should watch.... staying in touch with your feelings and not ignoring them is an excellent way to stay safe. This is a really good write up. I am not sure I have ever seen it in a book or blog!
Posted on: Apr 27, 2008