TravBuddy

World

TravBuddy Reviews

mahoney mahoney
5th Anniversary Nov 23, 2010
Congratulations to Eric and David on the 5th Anniversary of TravBuddy. I joined the site on November 23, 2005 after an exhaustive search for a travel blog service for my upcoming trip. I followed a link from a forum that Eric had posted and joined immediately. I think I was member number 81, back then we had numbers, not usernames.

I spent the whole night writing a blog about my recent trip to Texas and New Orleans and uploaded quite a few photos. I found the site to be very user friendly and could tell much thought had gone into the design of the site.

The next day, I awoke to an email from Eric asking me questions about how I found the site, what I liked and didn't like about it. As a fellow web developer, I sent back a very long email to him with my thoughts and suggestions for changes. This was the beginning of some great communication between Eric, David and myself.

While I was on my big trip out West in Spring of 2006, I met up with David and Eric in San Francisco and took them to lunch. It was nice to meet the team that now allows me to document my travels.

Cheers to TravBuddy for 5 years strong, and best wishes for many, many more successes. Also, thanks to the TravBuddy community for making TravBuddy the top destination for travelers!
Koralifix says:
Congrats on having this review featured! Well done!
Biedjee says:
Excellent feature for today! Congrats!
Eric says:
Thanks, Jeff! Can't believe it's been 5 years! Thanks to you and all the members for making the community a success!