Trattoria Tre Venezie

(626) 795-4455

Trattoria Tre Venezie Pasadena Reviews

Eric Eric
Nov 27, 2006
Trattoria Tre Venezie is a small, cozy and relatively upscale Italian restaurant in Old Town Pasadena. Unlike most Italian restaurants, which serve Tuscan style food, Tre Venezie dishes out eclectic fare from the northernmost regions of Italy. Most of the items on the menu are delightfully unfamiliar. For instance, they serve Cjalsons, an Italian type of pasta that is sort of like a dumpling, but filled with ricotta cheese, spices, and up to 18 different types of ingredients.I ordered a handmade spinach tagliatelle pasta dish served with braised lamb and a reduced bell pepper and onion sauce. While it was quite different and not what you would typically expect to find in an Italian dish, it actually turned out quite well. My only complaint is that the pasta wasn't as al dente as I would have preferred, and that the flavors weren't as rich and heavy as I was expecting.The highlight of the meal for me was the soup special: a half-butternut squash and half-broccoli concoction that looked as amazing as it tasted delicious. It wasn't on the menu, but if they are offering it as a special, I would definitely recommend it.Only downside of the place is its price. Salad appetizers were $15, which I think is a bit ridiculous. secondi piatti meat dishes were also quite expensive, in the $30+ range. If you go here, I would recommend sticking to the primi piatti pasta dishes, which are both filling and more reasonably priced in the $15 - $20 range.
Vikram says:
Looks like a really expensive place. I'll tell you that!
Posted on: Nov 27, 2006