Trattoria Paolangelo

0835 311305

Trattoria Paolangelo Matera Reviews

cotton_foam cotton_f…
tasty food, affordable and best appetizers Jul 01, 2017
We have dined at Trattoria Paolangelo on two occasions, and both times, our experiences were pleasant. The location is only 10 minutes’ walk to/from our hostel (Ostelo de Sassi) and less than a five-minute walk to the National Museum of Medieval and Modern Arts.

Our first visit, our orders were four different pasta dishes, an appetizer, soda drinks, and water. The appetizer was delicious and fresh made. It was garlic bread topped with arugula, basil, buffalo mozzarella and drizzled with olive oil. I highly recommend this for an appetizer. The pasta dishes were tasty, and our plates were empty-clean afterward. :> My daughter liked the Gnocchi very much. She said it is soft and creamy. However, the servings for Spaghetti Carbonara was not enough for my son, so he ordered for more. Both my husband and I opted for seafood pasta and was excellent. A basket of soft fresh baked bread is served free.

Our visit the second time was a quite pleasant experience again. We were the first customers that afternoon. The restaurant owner was present and made efforts to chat with us in English. Eventually, he called the chef to take our orders. The chef can speak English. He suggested the five kinds of appetizers for the price of one. All of it is tasty, and this time they have quite big servings. However, when our main course arrived, we're already full.

They only serve pizzas for dinner, but they accommodated my son’s craving for Margarita Pizza during lunchtime. He requested for some pepperoni to add on his pizza. Instead, they added peppers! At one time, I also ordered a pizza with veggies, prosciutto, and anchovies for toppings. It was lovely.

As far as food costs, it was not that expensive. Fifteen Euros for a three-course meal.

The waiting was not very long, but at the same, you’ll know the preparation is meticulous. The staff members are helpful and polite.

The dining room is cozy. However, it can get bustling when customers begin to arrive. We observed that in both times we were there. That said, the dining hall is a bit crampy.

Parking space is limited.

They accept all forms of payment including debit cards that have the logo of Visa or Mastercard.
local made mozzarella
with anchovies! Love it!
cotton_foam says:
Sarah: That's true, and that's why the restaurant appealed to us much also!
Posted on: Oct 17, 2017
Toonsarah says:
Sounds perfect - delicious, unpretentious Italian cooking!
Posted on: Oct 17, 2017
cotton_foam says:
Thank you, Travbuddies for the congrats and comments!!
Posted on: Aug 25, 2017