Trattoria Mario

Via Rosina, Florence, Italy

Trattoria Mario Florence Reviews

skyter skyter
True Travbuddy Restaurant Mar 21, 2012
That s not a just restaurant. It's a unique travbuddy experience.

The place it's so small that queues are common; tables are small and you will be very likely sharing it with other locals\travelers.

I sat when a family of 3 from Rome was about to finish.

They were soon replaced by an american couple while I received my delicious fiorentina steak and red wine. Then a canadian-italian gentleman joined our table and chats which ended long after our meals.

I can't recall any such warming place anywhere. Beside that, prices are worth the quality you get.
cherry011 cherry011
Authentic Florentine food for the budget-conscious Jul 06, 2011
This was highly recommended on many travel websites/books that I consulted, and we almost didn't go because we didn't want to face the queues that others ranted about, but I'm so glad we made the trip in the end. TRATTORIA MARIO IS ENTIRELY WORTH THE WAIT! :))

Got there at about 1130am but it was already full and we had to wait for 10-15 minutes, so do try to get there even earlier if time is a constraint for your schedule.

Ordered all the recommended dishes: the meat ravioli, risotto, tomato rigatoni, the beef in balsamic vinegar. They were all excellent!! There were three of us, so we each had one of the pasta dishes and shared the beef. The food looked so simple yet tasteful that we had to restrain ourselves from ordering seconds!

Expect to share your table with other like-minded travellers wanting a feel of a traditional Florentine trattoria, and many other locals who are frequent patrons that they don't even have to order what they want because the waiters/waitresses already know it! The atmosphere inside is absolutely busy, peppered with loud Italian and foreign chatter and laughs, and shouts of what has been ordered. It was just amazing sitting there and soaking it all.

For dessert, we had the wine and biscotti - excellent again, and some dessert of sweetened strawberries in syrup (which seemed to have a little alcohol in it). A little costly, but worth every cent.

One thing that we didn't try was the traditional Florentine rare T-bone steak because it was seriously, just rare, cut from the chunks of meat and served immediately. Not for the faint-hearted, definitely!

Trattoria Mario, if I had more time, I would have visited again, so to all who are headed to Florence, please please please drop by this lovely Italian eatery with a different kind of charm and experience Florence the way Florentines do for yourself :)
Charming lovely facade.
The menu.
The waiters and waitresses, ever-r…
Meat ravioli.
ErnaButterfly ErnaButt…
Trattoria Mario Sep 29, 2009
This restaurant is listed in Lonely Planet, and is featured in a few articles as displayed on the front window.It attracts huge lunch crowds that we actually came by for 2 days. It was crowded on the first day so we went elsewhere, and on the second day, when asked, the waiter told us that it was a half hour wait but its worth it, so we did especially that the specials for the day is fish.

I ordered the fish spaghetti, but I liked the shrimp risotto more. I dont usually prefer risotto, but of course they make it good in Italy, the cheese is not overpowering and compliments the rice well.
Trattoria Mario
Est. 1953
Fish spaghetti
Bon appetite! (how is it in Italia…

Check Florence Hotel Deals