Trattoria Aldo

Trattoria Aldo - Inside Trattoria Aldo

Trattoria Aldo Bucharest Reviews

Dr_Seuss Dr_Seuss
Cheap and Central Nov 02, 2009
Had passed by it during the day,just about outside one of the Piata Unirii(Line 2) Metro exits, and noticed a sign outside that offered Ciorba De Vaccuta, so I headed back later at night.

It looks nice from the front, all glass with wooden frames. Tables are situated on a slightly elevated level.

Not very brightly lit, but adds to the atmosphere.

Service was quick,and the waiter spoke English( big plus from my point of view)

Menu had a wide selection of local and more standard dishes, which I had a quick glance through and they all seemed reasonably cheap.

I'd already gone in with the aim of trying the local 'delicacy' Ciaorba De Vaccuta ,which is a kind of soup full of vegetables and meat and made from cows intestines.

I had also gone in with the intention of that if was completely replsive I would just ditch it and order something else, which from the menu I could afford to do since it only cost 10 Lei (£2-50).

It was actually OK :-)and came along with some bread and a sour cream.

The waiters were attentive and I got another beer and the total came to 27 Lei ( just less than £8)

Not particularly big inside, and about half the tables were being used, but still the two waiters had time to sit about and to help me with directions on my map 8)

Like with almost every bar and restaurant in Bucharest smoking is still permitted.
Front of Trattoria Aldo
Inside Trattoria Aldo
Ciorba De Vaccuta
Dr_Seuss says:
I do eat on occasion you know Yadi, and this one was as part of a dare to eat the Ciorba De Vaccuta :-D
Posted on: Nov 11, 2009
yadilitta says:
Posted on: Nov 11, 2009
sylviandavid says:
I love the looks of this restaurant... very warm inside... the cow intestine soup actually looks good
Posted on: Nov 08, 2009