Trattoria Alberto

506 8th Street Southeast, Washington, DC, USA

Trattoria Alberto Washington Reviews

HuBison HuBison
Great Italian food, wonderful service and location, location, location! Mar 10, 2012
I ate here in March 2012 and it was recommended to me by someone who had eaten here. Of all the times I had been to 8th street between the Marine barracks and Eastern market, I don't ever recall seeing this place, but they have been there for over 25 years.

There have a few tables outside and although we took a peek inside and it looked quaint and cute and romantic, we wanted to sit outside since the weather was decent. I loved the menu and tried not to order my usual of fettuccine alfredo with shrimp and ended up ordering chicken marsala while my boyfriend got the ravioli stuffed with spinach, prosciutto and something else.

The food was great and it was a proper proportion (not overwhelmingly falling off the plate where you have to eat half now and half tomorrow for lunch). We ordered the house white, a California Reisling and had calamari for an appetizer and it was cooked perfectly. We ordered a Tiramisu to share, but I thought he was going to eat most of it. It doesn't usually sound like an appetizing dessert and I'm not fond of soggy food, but it was yummy from the top all the way to the bottom of the bowl. One of the waiters said it was because they made them individually.

The service was great, the weather was nice and being right on 8th, you get to do great people watching. It's in the Capitol Hill area so parking is either paid for via the meter machines or you can park in the neighborhood and walk a bit (being aware that some streets have signs deferring visitors who don't have permission to park on that street at all!-so read signs carefully. It's about 2 or 3 blocks from the Eastern market metro stop. Enjoy!

Check Washington Hotel Deals