Transportes Cruz del Sur

Transportes Cruz del Sur - view from the front seats

Transportes Cruz del Sur Lima Reviews

yadilitta yadilitta
The pleasure of traveling by bus - Cruz del Sur Mar 06, 2009
As their slogan says "The pleasure of traveling by bus" it's a pleasure traveling with them.

Cruz del Sur is the most expensive company here, but it's expensive according to our standards. Maybe for short distances you would take another bus company, but for a night bus or a long drive I'd highly recommend this one. I have driven with them short and long distances and was never disappointed.

Let's start the review:

-you can check everything on their website, which works very good. They travel to almost all the country except of the rainforest.

-buying the tickets is easy, you can even do it in a supermarket or they can deliver them to you without any extra cost. You could even buy them online.

-their buses are really comfortable (not many seats, so you'd have room) and new, have a/c and restrooms available. Furthermore, you will find a pillow, hahaha.

-their service is very good. The service by phone, in the station (I was impressed with their new Lima's station) and on board. Very helpful.

-although the ride might be long, they want to entertain their passengers the best. They offer free food, played some videos and even play bingo.

Be sure to show up at the station 30min in advance to the departure time. If you just have your vouchers, you have to exchange them for the tickets. You can do it at the counters.

As I said before, if you are taking a long bus ride or just a short one but could afford it, drive with them.
their buses
the new station in Lima
seangee seangee
Quality Bus Service Nov 12, 2009
I used this bus line to go from Lima to Mancora and back. They were very good. The bus station in Lima looked brand new and I was definitely surprised. It made bus stations in the US look shabby. The buses were very nice newer buses with movies playing and they had English subtitles, so I watched about six movies. Dinner and breakfast were served, both were pretty good. We played bingo and I didn’t realize you had to fill the entire card, not just one row. So I call bingo and take my card to the attendant, I didn’t have bingo and she let everyone know, which then led to a walk of shame back to the front of the bus amidst laughter from everyone. I passed on the bingo on the way back. The seats are quality; you can get some good sleep on them. I would say the difference between first class and the upper level are very small. You cannot use the bathrooms for #2, so keep that in mind. Try and get the first four seats on the upper level if you can it will make the ride that much more fun.
view from the front seats
top notch Lima Station