Trans-Siberian Railway

Moscow, Russia

Trans-Siberian Railway Moscow Reviews

Adrian_Liston Adrian_L…
Aug 19, 2005
The trans-Siberian railway is a must-do experience at some point in your life. The train officially starts in Moscow, but it is linked via St Petersburg to everywhere in Europe. It runs across Russia and Siberia to Irkutsk, considered the capital of Siberia, then around Lake Baikal. Baikal is the oldest and deepest lake in the world, holding as much water as all the great lakes in North America combined, and has its own unique fish and seal species. After Baikal the railway splits, either via eastern Siberia to Vladivostok, or via Mongolia to Beijing.

The experience is unique - don't expect great food (potatoes in the dining cart or whatever you can buy at railway stations) and don't expect to smell nice (showing facilities are minimal). But the five days of continual motion from Moscow to Irkutsk gives you plenty of time to think, the Russians on the train are all willing to have vodka with you, and the potential stops on the railway are all stunning sites.
AlanH says:
Hello!

I am looking for a travel buddy to do the Trans Siberian with!

I will enter Russia on May 15 2015 and tour St. Petersburg before heading to Moscow to start the Trans Siberian. I will finish in Ulaanbataar Mongolia!

I am very flexible on time and route, my only restrictions being my exit from Russia (visa expires June 15) and that I will only go to UB, Mongolia. Other than that, I am open to anything!

I am a happy go lucky American expat that is always smiling and enjoys listening and not just talk talk talking.

I am a budget traveler and I am interested in meeting people as much as snapshots at the sights.

Hope to hear from you!

Alan

PS - Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. I tried the "Find a Buddy" function but got confused when the Trans Sib did not come up as a "Where do you want to go?" locations!
Posted on: May 09, 2015
Ardene says:
to those planning to go in 2015 (next year) , I can join :) looking for a buddy :)
Posted on: May 07, 2014
lampel says:
can I join anyone but for 2015 ?
Posted on: Dec 19, 2013

Related Travel Blogs About Trans-Siberian Railway

Trans-Siberian Railway, Moscow to Irkutsk
We departed Moscow on the Trans-Siberian where we spent the next four nights sharing our small four berth compartment with Galia and her seven year old son Andre.  Although they d… We departed Moscow on the Trans-Siberian where we spent the next four nights sharing our small four…
Day 76: Mashti Biedjee
Thanks to the people I met here and/or travelled with: Reza (Iran)At around 4:30 we stopped at a police checkpoint. Obviously the foreigner had to step out and have his passport scrutinized. I love i…Trans-Siberian Railway from Moscow to Beijing, or go to Georgia and Armenia instead. I was happy to give him tips…
Vladmir Russia - The
Vladimir & Suzdal, Russia -   I believe these towns are about 130 miles NE of Moscow and are on the former Trans-Siberian railway. Vladimir was a major center back in the 12th cen…Moscow and are on the former Trans-Siberian railway. Vladimir was a major center back in the 12th century - while…

Check Moscow Hotel Deals