Trams and Transportation

Various streets, Prague, Czech Republic

Trams and Transportation Prague Reviews

CrazyLisa CrazyLisa
Dec 21, 2007
One thing I hadn't read about or even really known about and was surprised upon arrival was the trams in Prague. Trams are the main way of life there. They have buses, taxi's, metros and mainly trams. We popped out of the train station and were lost. It wasn't until being driven by a taxi that we noticed the mass amounts of people using trams.

The trams are the easiest way to get around. You can go across the rivers from the edge of the town to the other edge of town. The trams for the most part reside in the middle of the street. You will see a stand with times on it and you stand and wait.

You are supposed to buy tickets and then punch them in to validate them. (I only punched one ticket for 3 days, no one checked. I would say you're safe to not do it but you are at you're own risk of course).

The problem with the trans is that I had no idea where to buy the tickets (we got ours at our hotel, theres isn't a machine at the stops) and there isn't a map of which tram goes where. We had to kind of guess based on the direction of the tram and the direction we wanted to go.

We used to many trams in 3 days. It was the only form of transportation we took. I highly recommend looking into them if you are heading over to Praha.
The tram!!!
supak00 says:
Trams definitely saved us from the bitter BITTER cold unless your friend tells you to get off one stop earlier and then you're stuck in the BITTER BITTER cold waiting for the next one. lol j/j
Posted on: Feb 15, 2008
danny291 says:
i loved seeing the trams in Germany and Poland, i dont think we have them here in the UK :(
Posted on: Jan 03, 2008

Related Travel Blogs About Trams and Transportation

Checking in from Czech
Yesterday we enjoyed a very scenic train trip to Prague.  Our travel agent sent someone to pick us up at the station, which is on the outskirts.  Once we entered the old area the traffic wa…Prague public transportation, we took a tram to Petrin a scenic over look with a smaller version of the Eiffel…

Check Prague Hotel Deals