Trains

Shanghai, China

Trains Shanghai Reviews

Geofan Geofan
Apr 02, 2006
I didn't take the train from Shanghai (with the exception of the Transrapid (maglev)) but I did travel from Xi'an to Beijing by train. It's been a great experience. First class is very,verycomfortable (and cheap for us). Those beds are pretty long, soft and warm.

First I thought why should I travel first class, but for tourists it's better, second class are to many beds, so it's pretty noisy. The beds are not as comfortable.

Have fun, I hope it helps.
ozzie77 says:
Thanks very helpful, I'm going from shanghai to Xi'an and then to Beijing on train. Thanks a million :)
Posted on: Apr 16, 2012
travelman727 says:
I've traveled in both classes on overnight trains. PAY THE EXTRA RMB & GO WITH THE SOFT SLEEPER (first-class)!
Posted on: Jul 17, 2006
foolz0r foolz0r
Mar 31, 2006
Take a train somwehere. I hear they're pretty crazy/uncomfortable, but it's a great experience to tell people about!

Also, go eat hot pot as often as possible =).
karla says:
I must say my first class ticket was super cheap and super comfortable. We left Shanghai st night and when I woke up we were in Peking.
But the I enjoyed the wooden seats as well, so I know what you are talking about. It was a real adventure.
Posted on: Jan 17, 2007
foolz0r says:
Hmm... good to know. How big is the full sleeper bed? Also, any word on the sleeper busses? I hear they are good times too =).
Posted on: Apr 01, 2006
mshum says:
The train I took was actually super comfortable, a Canadian-made Bombardier train. I travelled to Beijing and it was much better than if I had taken a plane since I had a full sleeper, and woke up in Beijing.
Posted on: Mar 31, 2006

Related Travel Blogs About Trains

Dan, Ben and Steves tour of South East Asia 2002
Wednesday 3rd April 2002 After 10 uncomfortable hours on lufthansa’s finest 747 we landed at Hong Kong’s Chek lap kok airport at about 7am, unfortunately we’d had seats in the middle row so di…train to Shanghai, bought some tickets for the train leaving on Monday $508 about £50. We headed over to the China…
Eastern China Relaxing Trip Day 4
Eastern China Relaxing Trip Day 426/12/2006 SHanghai Train Station, Hongkou Football Stadium, Duolun, Suzhou, Lingering GardenWe woke up so early today because we're going to have our day trip in S…Shanghai train station, there are banners in everywhere!!!  The slogan is quite sarcastic !!  The sky of Shanghai is a bit similar…
My favorate, My panda
Our shanghai branch had successfulily bought a Tibet Train ticket for a foreign tourist. Here we would like to guide you how to buy the train ticket in Beijing,Shanghai.....as a traveler,you should k…shanghai branch had successfulily bought a Tibet Train ticket for a foreign tourist. Here we would like to guide you how to buy the train

Check Shanghai Hotel Deals