Trains in Sydney

Sydney, Australia

Trains in Sydney Reviews

leesha04 leesha04
Travelling on Sydney trains Jul 22, 2011
The main train network to get around Sydney is called CityRail. It connects Sydney City with Sydney suburbs and some regional areas.

Central is the main train station in the city, where almost all lines will connect. Town Hall is probably the second busiest train station, a little further north. Most people would probably want to get off at Town Hall as this is where the heart of the city is, however if heading to some sights such as the Opera House or Harbour Bridge, you'll want to get off at Circular Quay.

When travelling at night make sure to stay near the guard's compartment, which is marked with a blue light. Some later city trains (past 10pm) will have guardian services, where they section off four carriages on the train and provide guards - it's annoying because you have to squish in to 4 carriages, but it's good to know help is nearby if needed.

When waiting for the train stand behind the yellow lines on the platform.

Related Travel Blogs About Trains in Sydney

Good Morning, Sydney! Goodnight, Blue Mountains!
After that 9 hour flight which included an-hour stop in Melbourne, we were finally in Sydney. Damn! The first thing I noticed was the BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE around. Physically goodlooking as they are, thes… train station which was just a few meters from our hotel, making us appreciated Gina's choice of accommodation for us. We bought our train City train tickets…
Amazing Australia Trip Day 11 ~ 18/4 Arrival at Sydney, Blue Mountain half day trip
body {background-color: #FFFFFF; font-family: "Verdana"; font-size: x-small;}   Amazing Australia Trip Day 11 18/4  Arrival at Sydney, Blue Mountain half day trip I got an early fl…train in Sydney...Like most of the Eurpean train, it's just too dirty in comparing to Hong Kong…
San Francisco Day 2
I should be resting now, after walking nearly 20Km today, but I’d rather do the blog, otherwise I wont remember in as much detail. After having a great sleep in-due to get lag, I used the BART (Bay…Sydney Trains, but it also had the added bonus of chasing the cars in the highway. The Journey took…

Check Sydney Hotel Deals