Train Tickets, or just things in general

Venice, Italy

Train Tickets, or just things in general Venice Reviews

Hock Hock
Important to remember Jul 08, 2011
Train tickets! The one thing that apparently catch out ALOT of first time tourists into Italy.

When you buy your train tickets the most important thing before you even get onto the train is to VALIDATE your ticket. I learned this from a little guide I had. And what a money saver it is. If you do not validate your ticket even you have one to travel with, you are liable to be fined by train conductors. Euro Star is not much of a problem as the conductors in there can validate it for you.

But if you opt for a local train which is much cheaper and also a much longer journey, be sure to always look for the YELLOW BOX machine and put your ticket in there to get a time print on it. This system was in place to prevent people from re-using their tickets without having to buy a new one.
maxcw maxcw
Jan 25, 2006
I bought a train ticket to Verona from a guy at the ticket office for ~10 Euros. I later figured out that I could have bought the same ticket directly from the (English speaking) machine for ~7. Someone later told me that Italians charge commisions like this all the time. Mamma Mia!
cruisedancer says:
My cousin warned me about the same thing, thanks for reminding me. That and asking about service charges.
Posted on: Apr 20, 2008
kevinw83 says:
Eric, you should let users review how "useful" they really find these tips. I give this one .5 stars.
Posted on: Feb 28, 2006
s7truong says:
Duped!

And how'd you give this three stars?
Posted on: Jan 30, 2006