Train Hotel (Venice- Budapest)

Budapest, Hungary

Check Budapest Hotel Deals

Train Hotel (Venice- Budapest) Reviews

uzmansafdar uzmansaf…
A night in Venice-Lubiljana -Zagreb-Siofok and breakfast in Budapest May 11, 2010
So this was our second night train of the journey and this time we were exited because we got a two bed cabin. Anyways we reached the station in Venice at 2100 hrs 20 mins prior to the departure of train and as we were experienced so we got hold of some fruits and eatables for our journey. Got hold of our luggage and food for night train and went to board the train. It was old but good train or may be we were used to these fast trains during our previous journeys.

Here we met an Italian couple who were going to Budapest and the women was very talkative and most of the times she tried to transfer all what she read about Budapest. And to be honest i was no mood of going to Budapest but after her praises I felt quite better and was not aware of so many things.It was a good company and a great help... we exchanged numbers, emails and she told us call when in Rome and she will show the city but we had already been there so was not a useful offer for us. We were tired and she was excited and we had to convince her quite tactfully to go to her cabin and we can continue in the morning. After half an hour of effort she finally said good bye and then we finally changed and slept.

the cabin was nice and bed were all set as if they were expecting people to come and sleep directly. the interior was sort of a wood work and the had places to hang clothed behind the curtain. the was a sink with a mirror and a little Almirah behind the mirror to place toiletries. we felt it to be spacious as compared to our last train but that was a tourist class cabin. We were provided with the water and glasses and these were placed in the Almirah. I was unable to control the temperature knob as i think it was not working.

Since we were travelling from the start of the day so we had all the reason to be tired and I had a good sleep. Though we had given our passports to the ticket checker so that not to disturb our sleep but right in the start Slovenia Border Police woke us up and asked two or more questions and stamped the passport. I never noticed when we stopped at Ljubljana and moved on but again we had to get up in Croatia to get our visit validated and along with the stamp they told us that after certain date this pass holder won't be allowed to use this route and we said ok as we had no plan to come back from the same route.

We reached Zagreb Shortly and after a short stop over headed to Hungary. While entering Hungary it was the third border police we had o face and we had the same answers for the same question and i slept again. I had a great sleep and bed were a bit bigger but good. My father again made me get u at 0800 hrs to see the beautiful view of Lake Balaton near Siofok. And while rubbing my eyes I came out and we could see some of the passenger also in front of their cabin to enjoy the view including our neighbors. After that I didn't sleep and Hungary which appeared to be a poor country of Europe from the condition of its train had its complete lake side covered with houses and that too some very fine constructions. We named these house designs as Hungarian design. Then we packed our luggage and ofcourse another session of chit chat with our neighbors and some photographs too. Unexpectedly we were offeed breakfast and it was crossient and tea …so we quickly had our breakfast and reached station around 1100 hrs.

Overall the journey was fun, comfortable and we had a great company. The only thing was that we were disturbed number of time from the border police and this train also showed some excellent views of country side of Hungary. And I think for the sake of experience one should travel on this route.
uzmansafdar says:
@ sundas.....well we are ourselves responsible for adding these borders with in human race! So i won't really complain....:) and it is something that will be there in the times to come....
uzmansafdar says:
Thanx Sima ....though i never review my own reviews as it is always full of mistakes...even with all these spellings and grammatical mistakes if you like this review....I am honored.....
sundasazeem says:
About the last lines regarding the border police...why do they have to be such pests the world over? LOl.

Check Budapest Hotel Deals